or Connect

Posts by Concordia

I see that Vanguard's ETFs are getting a lot less expensive. The S&P 500 option is 5 bp, same as the fund. It may still be different in other shops.Anyway, both flavors will indeed get you started in the right direction. But we're still largely ignorant of the risks in ETFs, and should be cautious about relying too much on them.
ETFs often have higher expense ratios than their equivalent indexed mutual funds, as well as presenting trading costs to enter and exit. You also run the risk that their derivative exposure or a short-seller's action could cause it to blow up. Not a big risk, necessarily, but if you're not needing hourly liquidity and you have time to get organized, you're usually better off in a fund.
Depends on how badly one needs fast service. I make no judgments.
For the same cost and less time, albeit a tad more inconvenience, one might fly to Hong Kong.
Shirts (CMT)?
As does the Budapest Oxford on the F last.
Simplesmartinvesting.com Kennedy's done an excellent book (advertised on the site), which is a good thing to give a relative who is smart but uneducated in investing.
Gorgeous stuff. Do you expect to broaden the line or do bespoke orders?
Holland and Sherry does a twill-- softer than cavalry twill-- that I like a lot. I have forgotten the name but it does come in mid as well as 13oz. Several colors in addition to mid grey.
Looks nice! What problems were you trying to solve that weren't being addressed by Saddleback?