or Connect

Posts by Concordia

You can get Oxford cloth from Acorn Fabrics (online). There must be a better source, but I don't know what that would be.
Depends. What will you be landing on them?
Now that we've gone directly from snow to 90 degrees, it's time to renew this one. We have a Jenn-Air from maybe 6 years ago that wasn't expensive, but is looking crappier all the time. One of the three burners has never really worked, the chrome plating is peeling off, the thermometer is broken, and now the actual grill has the coating peeling off. We use charcoal down at our summer place, but need something easier to manage during the week. Any ideas? We don't cook...
I went to a place that carries Crane's. This was the font (from the "Executive Flat Card"). I put just my name in the center of the card, with office address plus e=mail (3 lines) in lower left and phone/fax (2 lines) in lower right. Black ink on off-white card. I decided to keep things clean and uncluttered, as there would be fewer mistakes to regret later. Since I haven't bothered to get a firm name, this format has worked very well. At least one Asian contact I've...
but potentially useful for a Bay Area summer!
At least the price of Charvet has fallen 97 bps.
Nice look there. Mine is a 17-ounce Cheviot tweed from one of the merchants that has stopped selling small lots to tailors. No big harm, as there are better houses out there. My main concern (if you want to use that label on a first-world problem) is that it is a green pattern with a bit of blue in it. Something more brown for fall and winter would be nice. Hence that mid/dark Donegal, although a heavy gun-club, or maybe one of the Porter & Harding Hartwists would be...
No. It's got to go under my chin.Same general idea, although mine has one less button on the front. Although the 4-button has some virtues, so maybe a later edition...
!!!
I had a jacket made with roughly that style last year. A 3-button, with the buttons evenly spaced amongst themselves and the boutonniere, so that when I flip the collar the whole thing buttons like a jacket/shirt with Mandarin collar. The waist button is a tad higher than normal, but when I'm driving and want to keep it fastened it is a lot more comfortable, even though I can sit with my normal jackets buttoned. Not sure what to try next on that. Unfortunately, my neck...