or Connect

Posts by Concordia

Cotton is always a bit of a pain to tailor, and difficult to alter without leaving scars. More relevant to the cost issue, it isn't very durable under the best of circumstances. Unrelated to your question, it can be uncomfortable relative to wool and linen. Hot in the summer, cold in the winter-- although seersucker is famous for being different from most cottons in that respect.
Nothing recent. I've actually thought about going down that route recently, but it's a fairly expensive proposition to put that stuff in front of a good tailor. If anyone can refer me to a wool seersucker (all-navy or navy/sky?), I'd be interested.
Heavy linen suits (with a linen or linen-blend shirt) are surprisingly good for hot summer days on the east coast. I've survived a few July/August days in NY with an example. Although it's impossible to say that I was actually comfortable, I did avoid overdosing on the humidity. I'm about to go to HK for the week, which will be brutal. If I weren't confined to a single air-conditioned hotel for the conference, I'd definitely think about bringing a similar wardrobe.
Cause and effect should be withheld from these two facts.
Yes, that is a decent plan. Generally, it is supposed that Minnis is a little warmer and more sturdy. Whether that is true for you, and constitutes a good thing, is often impossible to predict.
The new Mulberrywood weave is awesome. Some of the two-tone effect of shot silk, but much more substantial even than Oxford weave without getting rustic.
Looks like they do a bunch of MTO/MTM options, though.The shape is not singing to me, but you never know how ugly the original client's feet were. Very tasteful models in any case.
I don't wear well-made boots very often, but I find that "speed hooks" add a ridiculous amount of time to getting shod.
Also, don't forget that buying emerging markets and micro-caps in 1987/88 was not easy, and would have been very expensive if successful. Often trading costs are more or less equal to alpha targets.
Very nice-- I'm going to see AC at the end of the month, and these pics are giving me impure thoughts. I wonder if they have Irish linen (or matka, or something with texture) that could serve the purpose. Standard shirting cloth does just fine, of course.