or Connect

Posts by Concordia

You want to get rid of it so you bought more? Fascinating.How do you measure success?
As for me, I finally have excellent cuts for shirts and trousers, but have found that the remote-control process doesn't work so well on jackets. One in particular started out almost perfect. Instead of paying for it immediately and taking it to J Press for perfection, I let her fly it back and forth to Naples at least twice-- and now it's nowhere near as good. Probably fixable, though, if I get around to it.In each success, there was some building off a previous...
I wear both. Laces come to almost the same "V" on each, but the P2 is an easier fit all around.
I think their blog says that this is real pig. The calf/antiqued/polka-dotted is part of the wholecuts below-- and rather sloppy looking, IMO.
SMLP seems to be recovering. The private fund that created it has been buying on the open market, figuring that a 13% yield that is growing and not terribly well connected to commodity pricing might be a good value. (Not so long ago, the market was willing to take something closer to 5%.) About 10 days ago, I had to raise some cash for taxes-- I sold Nestle (NSRGY) and put about 1/4 of the amount into SMLP, with the somewhat arbitrary goal of keeping the dividend income...
I.e., a little firmer and crustier than the Utah?
If you don't mind 9oz worsteds...Still, that one on top (flannel?) is really awesome. Nowhere near enough large checks out there. What's in the books now might have looked great on the Do'W, but he was quite a lot shorter than today's normal size.
I have a suit in the London Lounge weight, which isn't far off that. Very nice, drapes well, takes more punishment than flannels usually would. But I'd never want to go much heavier unless I found myself working as a receptionist in a meat locker.
That will make all the difference.
Hard to say. I have a pair of trousers made out of it, and it is so scratchy that the ventilation isn't obvious. A jacket wouldn't have those issues, and would be somewhat resistant to wrinkles. (A half lining might have rescued the trousers for more regular use.) Today I've been wearing the LL Ultimate blazer (hopsack with a bit of angora) around Tabland. It is warm but it breathes just well enough not to be out of control. It is warmer than LL Mistral, a 16oz...