or Connect

Posts by Concordia

You want an index but don't want a mutual fund? That's a little weird.
Well, we shall see. I just ordered a Universal, a white, and a Champagne to do some field research. From all appearances, the Universal might work well with Beaujolais or Chianti. Hell, it wasn't so long ago that something like that was considered pretty large for Bordeaux. I remain suspicious of the dinner-plate/Astrodome design of the big red glasses, but if the smaller ones don't kill me then it will be a logical prejudice to test.
But who knows how far inspiration will take one.
Have you tried the red wine models? How useful/versatile is the Universal?
I have a jacket from the Hebridean hopsack. Good stuff, but not especially urbane. They send swatches if you want a closer look.
Antic Cognac shell cordovan does a nice impression, only better. Antic Cognac calf is the same sort of shade without the antiquing. Brown calf catches the dark end of the antiquing without the variety.
SMLP has been hammered recently, to the point that it's yielding well over 6% again, even though it's about 50% above my average cost. I will likely be buying some for an account I oversee, and will think about adding to my piece. Reasons-- It was likely hit because it's a small-cap "energy" stock. I don't know if that's a reasoned decision on fundamentals, or just part of fundraising by managers running funds in that area who will have to deal with redemptions of...
Anyone tried the Zalto line of glasses? I found them online after having reminded myself, this holiday season, that some of my favorite Champagne glasses are the ones that Krug used to include from time to time with gift versions of their main product. Since we got those some years ago, Riedel then went on to make a bunch more, which are still sort of available in weird corners of the internet. The closest current issues I was able to find that were similar are Riedel...
Lapels are wider than I like and the narrow buttoning is dangerous. Still, very beautifully made jackets and the first one works on the wearer.
Whose breasts were we supposed to be commenting on?