or Connect

Posts by Concordia

Something is off, although the basic tailoring looks very fine. Some of that is the subject's large head w/r/t his torso. Getting everything else to relax might make that less obvious. The shirt collar isn't doing him any favors, and having the DB buttons bunched together so tight also makes it a little cartoon-ish. The choice of suede shoes is neither the tailor's nor the shoemaker's problem.
Any time you go for hi-supers Italian cloth, with or without exotic blends, you are taking a risk. In general, these are made for people who prize a certain glossiness over reliability or tailoring ability. Which is not to say that you can't get those virtues as well, but you need to trust the maker and be prepared to pay. Also, when you get fine fabric (i.e., Super 130s or above) and/or cashmere or silk, you are getting more warmth per gram than you'd see from other...
Our last XC-70 had a weird thing with electronics also. Once in a while, the entire dashboard would refuse to work. No lights, no MPH, nothing. Then it would be OK. Could have been from when our housekeeper tapped the front bumper on something at the supermarket, but even then it's pretty weird. This was a 2007 car, and we got rid of it 3 or 4 years ago. After a 1989 240 DL, a 1999 XC-70, and the 2007 (replaced the 99 after it was totaled), we jumped to an Outback...
Different animal. I was talking about XC-70.
We'll see. They've lost much of this part of their core market to Subaru, which does the same thing better than the XC-70. Actual leg-room in the rear seat, along with the choice of (a) better fuel mileage if you don't mind Volvo's crappy acceleration, or (b) better acceleration if you don't mind the Volvo's crappy mileage. A tad less luxurious inside, but that is also reflected in the price.If Audi and BMW brought back their midsized wagons to the US, there would be no...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OxZz-nXTeCs
Damn. I made a point of ignoring BMW convertibles ever since they started paying James Bond to use them, but this looks very nice. Who made it? Looks rather like a mid-50s Mercedes. No gull-wings, of course...
Not sure I like the fabric, but an excellent piece of tailoring.
What is that exactly? What length available, etc.