or Connect

Posts by Concordia

I like that a lot, too. Pity about the plexiglass "crystal." Any idea of how it wears in real life?
That green looks like their usual olive. Have you compared the differences?
For every Kodak and Polaroid, there is a Philip Morris, Microsoft, or GE. You want to choose only one, and you're going to need to be smarter than average. You buy all of them, and you will get (by definition) above-average results. That is, you own the average portfolio, but don't pay the active fees, commissions, bid-ask spreads, market impact, etc., that nearly everyone else is. There are other ways to do things, but you need to make sure that they are better than...
Rich Dad/Poor Dad is a supreme bullshit artist. There's a funny blog by a Texas real estate guy who takes him apart on just about anything that can be measured. Anyway, someone who says that buy-and-hold or diversification is "dead" needs to prove expertise in buying and selling against the guys who do it full time. By the time transactions costs and increased taxes get taken into account, most people can't do it.
Porter & Harding?
This model/last looks much nicer in suede than it does in shark, much as I like the shark for comfort and utility. Perhaps being slightly out of focus improves the lines.
Interesting. My last shipment from them to HK cost nearly 50 quid. So that's a nice savings, if you were planning to have all that made up.I know that Acorn's taken some heat on this board from Carl-- has anyone recently tried the Grasmere or Cambridge cloths?
Hacking, almost certainly not. Ticket pockets can be OK. Apart from Butler (above), John Hitchcock of A&S likes ticket pockets on his own DBs. Nevertheless, there are arguments to keep the front of the jacket less complicated. Some would even do without flaps on the pockets.
I'm not familiar with these specific plans, but in general the relative merits of the plans depends on your tax status and what you expect it to be. If you expect to have a low-ish retirement income, a conventional IRA-type thing is better. You get deduction against your higher taxes now, and withdraw when you're in a lower bracket. Conversely, if you have a lot of money or expect to down the line, a Roth account is great. You do pay taxes today, but never again. ...
[/quote]It seems to me that Steven's tailoring has bumped up in quality in the last few years or so, but the prices listed on his website are now very much in the mainstream of SR. If he's correct that they don't include VAT, then he is no longer the economy option.