or Connect

Posts by Concordia

Sorry.
My first employer was a (profoundly mediocre) mutual fund company that took itself private. Their 401(k) required investment in their funds, which were so expensive (200bp expenses, plus lousy performance) that I wouldn't buy in. They did match contributions up to a point, but only with funds. They wouldn't let the equity in the management firm trickle down until they started having cash-flow problems. Then they started using stock to match contributions-- just when...
A lot of hat-sized remnants there.
IRR can be interesting, but can also conceal a lot. Without time-weighted return of the whole portfolio, you have no meaningful measurement of the manager's usefulness.
Many different flavors of drape. Steed, Mahon, Hitchcock (Jr) and Hitchcock (Sr) deliver very different-looking and -feeling jackets, even if they're all obviously not mainstream-traditional SR.There may be some technical choices involved--cut, construction, handling of the iron-- or it might just be what each cutter in his mind's eye thinks is possible and desirable for a given physique. Remember-- they're all varied heights and builds. What each sees in the mirror...
You're not the only one. Sometimes "rock of eye" makes you look the way the tailor wants you to look.
If you're that worried about your commute on the bike, get a second pair.
Never heard of it, although the Pepperlee.co.uk site has some nice-looking ones, in more colors than offered by Minnis and Harrison. I wonder if it's the same mill.Also on that site-- Halstead "Explorer" which seems to be in the Fresco vein, and Escorial in a lot of patterns that aren't flashy.
That's the current one from their books? Pretty flat and dry, IIRC.It could make a nice no-nonsense SB, with fly front. No patch pockets or anything silly, and do make it down to your knee or just below. If I've got the cloth correctly in my mind, a velvet collar won't fit in too well.DB is also possible. Again, it's a very urban-looking cloth, so don't go wild with trench-coat details. 6x2 and MAYBE turn-back cuffs (but probably not) should be just great.Lining is...
And a coat hanger.