or Connect

Posts by lukelukeluke

I'd like to buy a down-filled tweed vest. Would prefer to stay at or below the $200-250 range but am flexible to some extent. Wings + Horns had one a few years ago that looked awesome, as did North Face Purple Label. But I can't find anything especially great right now. Something like the attached images. Size M or maybe L preferred, I'm a 40R. Thanks. EDIT: Apologies for the duplicate images. Not sure how I managed to do that. Anyway, you get the idea.
the feedback thing is broken so i'll just put it here: great seller. the ties came when and as advertised. what more can you ask for? thanks!
Saw it on here during my pre-thread-starting search for answers. Evidently the person had gotten the impression that SkyValet gives preference on shoe repair to shoes bought from SkyValet. That was n=1 from a random person on the internet, so I'm happy for someone else to tell me it's wrong. Actually, would SkyValet even do a simple shine or are they strictly retail/repairs? I have no personal experience, obviously.
Happy shutdown to my fellow DC residents. A quick n00b question completely unrelated to the government: Have any of you guys found a shoe-shine place that does cordovan properly? When I tried myself, following the Alden instructions, I failed. They looked like shit. This is undoubtedly my fault. I went to two places near where I work (Farragut). The first guy had no idea what I was talking about and the second guy said, sure, sure, I can do that, but I watched in minor...
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=site%3Astyleforum.net+big+thighs+jeans
18.5" chest doesn't sound like a 40 or 42, it sounds like a 36. i'm a 40 and my jackets are generally around 21". not to be a dick but are you sure you measured right?
Now that TOJ is dead, the warmest wool and softest bemberg that were waiting, rolled gently in the stacks of an unknown fabric store, dreaming of scissors, needle and thread, to drape my shoulders in incomparable bad-assitude will find life in some other garment. Excuse me one moment. [Weeps quietly.] Okay, I'm okay. So, uh, who's got a TOJ pea coat they want to sell? I'm roughly a size 40 and something of the blue variety would be my preference, but I'm an open-minded...
when girls started deciding dudes dressed that way looked good and were worth allowing to slip in the bone.
I LIKE THIS VERY MUCH.on a related note, any plans to do a single-breasted wool coat?