Posts by clintonf

Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfador After doing some research I think they are these http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=43CG I think Orvis is written on the insole but part of it is a bit worn. As mentioned before, those boots are made by Alfred Sargent, probably for Orvis. Clint
Price Drops.
Hi all. Of the ones that I've tried (which are a few): I would say Finamore, Kiton, Loro Piana/Borrelli (I hope I'm not cheating). Cheers Clint
Hi all, I'm thinking about selling some of my stuff off to pay some bills. I know what the market is like, so I want to price the stuff keenly to move. However, I want to "test the water" by listing these items. I doubt that there'll be price drops as they are as low as practicable (especially with shipping from the UK being expensive). I may as well keep them, than drop. The prices quoted are for Paypal Personal Payments. Please add 4% if you wish to pay in the...
LOL, you're quite right. I'm not going to fight it. After all, I'm still getting the items for a very good price. I just like to understand how/why things works. You've tried valiantly to explain and I do understand. I just guess that i'd better buy less from the States . Thanks again Clint Quote: Originally Posted by clee1982 you can try to fight it, but not sure if it will be successful. I think someone was able to buy a pair of EG in...
Thanks for the explanation. I figured that this was pretty much the case. The "problem" that I have is that previously, one could "get away" without any Tax or duty. This has changed during the last few months. What I don't understand why VAT is payable. If the good originate from the EU (mainly Italy), then shipped to the US, I presume tax and duty must have been levied then. When it is shipped back to the UK, what is Tax/Duty payable then? That's the bit I...
Quote: Originally Posted by PocketCircle Everyone should ban him: This is his ebay ID: bernardor2011 (rojob@josephabboud.com) In the end, I lost the shirt because I can't even take it out of the customs in the airport (FedEx is trying to charge $280 for that), higher than the value of the shirt. This is the second time something like this happened to me over a pretty short period of time (in the previous case, a SF buyer returned a jacket...
Quote: Originally Posted by acridsheep AS, I must admit that your "Branding" tickles me (on the fence is my favourite). I will read various threads looking for your "seals". Bravo. Incidentally, nice clothes. Clint
Hi, having purchased this 100% cashmere Kiton SC from a respected member here (who assured me that it was New Without Tags), I find that it is just too big for me. So, I'm ideally looking to trade this coat for something else which is around EU52 - EU54 of a similar value. Important: The sleeves have been altered (by the original owner) and have working buttons. Therefore, please make a note of the mesurements. SOLD Shoulder Seam to Shoulder Seam - 20" Pit...
Very impressive. Now, if I was slighly smaller and taller.... Excellent selection of items.