or Connect

Posts by clintonf

I don't usually bother replying to these strange questions. Mainly because the question isn't really asking anything. However, I will today (as I'm awake). If you wish to find out about AS, you can: Call them. Look at the various threads mentioning AS and PM any of the members that you think are "pushing" AS for information. Seek financial information about AS, after obtaining their details from Companies House and perhaps pay to inspect their public...
Quote: Originally Posted by PTWilliams Obviously, you want to divorce your sports coats so you can be full time with your suit. You tried seeing your suits on the side but that wasn't enough, the double life is stressful, and the guilt, suspicion, accusations, lies, late night arguments trying to convince your sports jackets there was nothing going on, while all the time wanting to be in suits. Truth is, your sports jackets were getting older, tired,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfador After doing some research I think they are these http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=43CG I think Orvis is written on the insole but part of it is a bit worn. As mentioned before, those boots are made by Alfred Sargent, probably for Orvis. Clint
Price Drops.
Hi all. Of the ones that I've tried (which are a few): I would say Finamore, Kiton, Loro Piana/Borrelli (I hope I'm not cheating). Cheers Clint
Hi all, I'm thinking about selling some of my stuff off to pay some bills. I know what the market is like, so I want to price the stuff keenly to move. However, I want to "test the water" by listing these items. I doubt that there'll be price drops as they are as low as practicable (especially with shipping from the UK being expensive). I may as well keep them, than drop. The prices quoted are for Paypal Personal Payments. Please add 4% if you wish to pay in the...
LOL, you're quite right. I'm not going to fight it. After all, I'm still getting the items for a very good price. I just like to understand how/why things works. You've tried valiantly to explain and I do understand. I just guess that i'd better buy less from the States . Thanks again Clint Quote: Originally Posted by clee1982 you can try to fight it, but not sure if it will be successful. I think someone was able to buy a pair of EG in...
Thanks for the explanation. I figured that this was pretty much the case. The "problem" that I have is that previously, one could "get away" without any Tax or duty. This has changed during the last few months. What I don't understand why VAT is payable. If the good originate from the EU (mainly Italy), then shipped to the US, I presume tax and duty must have been levied then. When it is shipped back to the UK, what is Tax/Duty payable then? That's the bit I...
Quote: Originally Posted by PocketCircle Everyone should ban him: This is his ebay ID: bernardor2011 (rojob@josephabboud.com) In the end, I lost the shirt because I can't even take it out of the customs in the airport (FedEx is trying to charge $280 for that), higher than the value of the shirt. This is the second time something like this happened to me over a pretty short period of time (in the previous case, a SF buyer returned a jacket...
Quote: Originally Posted by acridsheep AS, I must admit that your "Branding" tickles me (on the fence is my favourite). I will read various threads looking for your "seals". Bravo. Incidentally, nice clothes. Clint