or Connect

Posts by clintonf

Quote: Originally Posted by MBreinin Thanks. Not super-long, but I would like about a half an inch shorter. Mike I also don't think that it's too long, Mike. A good look. However, if you "feel" that it's too long, you know you won't be happy. I'm going to try and name some of the many people who's posted in the last 24 hours and I'm feeling. In no particular order: Mike - Love it. Full stop (Period). Spoo - You know! NDW - I really...
Quote: Originally Posted by SpooPoker ^ noted. Groupthink lost, amazingly... so get out yer cheap stuff! Word!
Quote: Originally Posted by SpooPoker Thanks Clint - I hate you too. It took me some time to start posting pictures in WAYWRN... the first time I uploaded I refreshed like 100x in the first 10 minutes hoping I got approval (OK, well, not much has changed ) but Id say you shed a layer of thick skin every time you put a pic up... the snark, hey - it happens. We are (mostly) a bunch of well educated, nerdy sartorialists, hiding behind the veil of the...
Quote: Originally Posted by MBreinin Thanks for the kind words, Clint. You will learn as time goes by whose snark/criticism is worth your time, and whose words are worthless (although I like to hear everyone's perspectives, from the old hats to the rookies). Some people are just mean spirited. Quite often those same people don't back up their nasty words with any actual fits of their own. Mike Mike, it's not only fits that I'm...
Quote: Originally Posted by Threadbearer +1 But this isn't just true of message boards; it's true of life in general. Every generation eventually becomes nostalgic for what it perceives as its heyday, which is, of course, the last time that generation's preferred styles, trends, and preferences were the norm. Sooner or later, everyone reaches the point at which he says to his kids (or grandkids), "Turn that crap down! Ya call that...
Quote: Originally Posted by Metlin It is when there is only snark without any substantial accompanying advice that it starts to grate. That is the point I'm making. When I came to SF, you'd have some "tough love" when you asked a question which wasn't really sensible, but genuine in its intent. But you got love. Now, the love is much less. But there's a lot of snark. And you're completely right, it does grate. Clint
Quote: Originally Posted by bleachboy I have been on a great many message boards in my day, and I have never found one where users didn't bitch about how the board used to be better and was going downhill. But does the bitching make the perception of degredation invalid?
Quote: Originally Posted by Metlin Spoo, it is true, however -- you are one of the few people who makes SF worth visiting these days. I used the think that. I don't any more. Reason? We appear to have very similar taste and from what I've seen we have a lot of overlap in clothing. However, Spoo rocks it better than me, so I hate him now . Seriously, between Spoo, MBreinin, Holdfast, PG, IST66, UC, NYR, YFYF, Upper and some VERY strong...
Quote: Originally Posted by tone76 ...Patek: If you feel that strongly about it, and you're such a guru with contracts and their wording, why don't you offer to re-word Bodiley's returns and shipping policy for them in exchange for a refund of the shipping charge? Commercial lawyers aren't cheap, so to get someone with an eye for detail wrt contracts for just $40 should be a no-brainer ... and you get your money back. Win-win. In amongst...
Generally, over the last couple of days, I've seen some really good examples of fit. Not only from the "Usual" suspects, but some new players in the game. This is a shout out to those people. In my opinion some REALLY nice things are going on herrr! This thread is becoming a real pleasure to view (for me at least). And don't forget to leave the hate at the gate. We're all passionate people and we come from all walks of life with various external pressures. So...