or Connect

Posts by clintonf

Quote: Originally Posted by Ivystyle Be firm in your decision. State the fact in your listing when you reply back. After all you setup the return policy for sales protection. I had a guy who told me the neck size of the shirt he bought was wrong when it clearly shows on the picture of the listing his correct size. Courteous and Firm is the way to deal with people as a seller. Quote: Originally Posted by...
Quote: Originally Posted by ruben Clintonf, You're in the right here, but unfortunately it doesn't matter. Take it from someone who's been in the same situation as you, ebay is slanted very heavily towards the buyers. Ebay will not only not remove any negative feedback that would occur here, but it's likely hey won't even review it, assuming you can get through their byzantine help structure an actually get an email address to write...
Quote: Originally Posted by TRINI I disagree. If you're buying an altered suit, you're buying based on the listed measurements and whether those are in line with yours. If you plan on letting out sleeves, hems, waist, etc, it's your responsibility to ask if it's possible. Quote: Originally Posted by SpooPoker +100 Thank you Gents, my thoughts exactly. Quote: Originally Posted by AlanC This...
Quote: Originally Posted by westinghouse If a suit has been worn or altered, you are obliged to describe how much material can be let out in the sleeves. The same thing goes for pants. That's an interesting take. Whilst I'm not trying to argue with you, this is one of the most difficult things to do. It's not always easy to know what extra material is available to let down in the sleeves as most times the lining covers it. When I purchase...
Quote: Originally Posted by pebblegrain You are in the right. However, the problem is there is little you can do to defend against a buyer hell-bent on screwing you over. He will be able leave you negative feedback, keep the suit, AND possibly also do a chargeback. These things can possibly be appealed by you, but maybe not. The safe alternative is to get the suit back from him first. This will at least protect you from losing the 2x value of...
Quote: Originally Posted by gnatty8 This is really well done, the trousers fit great, and I really like the coat and shoes. +1. Bravissimo
Quote: Originally Posted by SpooPoker The only way you can get it removed is if : -they mention import taxes - they use your name -they curse Other than that... no removals. If you care about the feedback, eat it. If you can live with a neg (thinking that he would give you one if you refuse), tell him no. Hey Spoo, thanks for the advice. I've just come off the phone to them and the operator suggested another way (I'm not saying...
Quote: Originally Posted by HarleyBob I think you did nothing wrong. In fact, you even listed that the suit has working buttons on the sleeves, so how was he going to lengthen them anyway? I think it is just buyer's remorse. He is going to give you negative feedback, if you can live with that, just tell him the deal is final. You can't please all of the people all of the time. You have 100% positive feedback on over a thousand transactions. I don't...
Hi all, I recently sold a suit on eBay (please refer to link below) and it was sent to the Buyer within the timescales specified. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MESOX:IT I hadn't heard any comments/feedback from the buyer and I sent a complimentary message to the Seller to see whether he was ok with the suit. and I got this response: Quote: Hello, I'd like to return your suit please. The arms are a little short (which I had...
This is completely subjective as I haven't a clue what Sprezz actually is (hence, my contribution), but the fits that appealled to me the most are (in no particular order): NDW, Parker, NOBD. There were some other quite strong contenders, but in terms of natural looking fits, these get my top vote. I do hope that I understand next Friday's challenge Cliint