or Connect

Posts by clintonf

Quote: Originally Posted by medtech_expat So I had final adjustments to my 3-piece Loro Piana PoW this evening, and I have to state that Mina and Sr. Antonio have really raised the bar with what I can only describe as a fucking bang-on, next-level garment. While I'm still a bespoke novice, I can't see how either fit or aesthetics can be meaningfully improved from here. Am too tired and need to crash, so will provide details on mods from my previous...
Quote: Originally Posted by medtech_expat I figured out the imageshak workaround for large files. Below is the double monk, alongside a captoe in the intended color. Yep, that captoe is pretty sweet too. Quote: Originally Posted by poorsod IMO Scafora's best value is from the antiquing and the Norwegian welt. I have considered getting a 3 eyelet antiqued brown wholecut with Norvegese...
^^^^ I like very much.
Quote: Originally Posted by jambo You are probably right that the burden should have been on him to ask whether there was material to be let out in the sleeves, but the guy doesn't seem like a bad fellow, and he can't wear your used suit. Rather than waste a lot of time discussing the strengths of your position with eBay customer service reps and on this style-oriented chat site, I would let him return the suit and then try to sell it to someone who...
Quote: Originally Posted by ZON_JR What you did wrong was hector the buyer for feedback. If you hadn't, he wouldn't have had the guts to complain about the suit which he knows he screwed up on buying. No one needs feedback unless they have fewer than 10. LOL. My main reason for making contact wasn't for feedback. As I have mentioned before and for most people I've dealt with here, I'm keen to know that people are happy with their...
Quote: Originally Posted by westinghouse LOL, why bother posting if all you're looking for is affirmation... Did you shorten the sleeves? Would you even admit it if you did? Not saying the buyer is correct, but the ethical thing to do is disclose everything as accurately as possible, including any modifications made to the sleeve length and additional material to let out. I don't understand your line of commentary. Where have I said...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ivystyle Be firm in your decision. State the fact in your listing when you reply back. After all you setup the return policy for sales protection. I had a guy who told me the neck size of the shirt he bought was wrong when it clearly shows on the picture of the listing his correct size. Courteous and Firm is the way to deal with people as a seller. Quote: Originally Posted by...
Quote: Originally Posted by ruben Clintonf, You're in the right here, but unfortunately it doesn't matter. Take it from someone who's been in the same situation as you, ebay is slanted very heavily towards the buyers. Ebay will not only not remove any negative feedback that would occur here, but it's likely hey won't even review it, assuming you can get through their byzantine help structure an actually get an email address to write...
Quote: Originally Posted by TRINI I disagree. If you're buying an altered suit, you're buying based on the listed measurements and whether those are in line with yours. If you plan on letting out sleeves, hems, waist, etc, it's your responsibility to ask if it's possible. Quote: Originally Posted by SpooPoker +100 Thank you Gents, my thoughts exactly. Quote: Originally Posted by AlanC This...
Quote: Originally Posted by westinghouse If a suit has been worn or altered, you are obliged to describe how much material can be let out in the sleeves. The same thing goes for pants. That's an interesting take. Whilst I'm not trying to argue with you, this is one of the most difficult things to do. It's not always easy to know what extra material is available to let down in the sleeves as most times the lining covers it. When I purchase...