or Connect

Posts by hkgweilo

Quote: Originally Posted by Mark from Plano 1967 Omega Piepan Constellation. 18k pink gold. Custom alligator strap. WOW....what a classic. Love the crystal and the crown...really well matched. congrats on owning that beauty!
Quote: Originally Posted by Andre Yew .....complexity of the sperm-like shapes..... --Andre with that in my mind, now I don't want to wear paisleys anymore....
or this when going more casual...
I will try the bespoke route again...this time, will go straight to Chan... I will be better prepared and hopefully the result will be worth it!!
I found a wonderful looking (and fitting, I believe) Zegna OTR suit. The salesperson, who I have known for sometime and trust (although they're still a salesperson) recommended me to try the Su Misura approach. Although I like the idea of a MTM garment, is there actual construction, etc that make it worth the 20% premium? Yes, some would say if I like the OTR version, then why pay more, but maybe I'm missing something that I don't know I'm missing. (I never knew I...
nice shoes!!
Speaking from someone who sees the fakes everyday here in Asia, they are as 'hot' in the fake market as rolexes. Some are VERY good, so be careful buying from anyone other than an authorized dealer or a REPUTABLE second-hand shop. Panerai's are not dress watches, but are well-made and have a facinating history.
I know from reading here that Prada is a touchy subject...but have to throw the good in with the bad.. Strolled in to the Prada boutique here in HK looking for a gift for wifey. Saw a beautiful gray suit and decided to try it on. Have to say, the fit was excellent. I am certainly NOT your 'typical' Prada model. I am 40, bit of a desk-job gut forming, but not abnormally shaped in other areas (52 euro size). The suit was a slender cut, but fit my body excellent. The...
thank you for all the advice...I will keep it as-is, and will 'remind' him next time I order something and get some disc from him...(I pass his shop regularly) ..as someone above mentioned, even if they did agree to re-work it, something would be wrong later and the fit is really what's important. what a great community...thanks again!
I usually order zegna OTR - but went out on a limb and ordered a jacket from a HK tailor (one with a very good rep, and definitely not one of the cheaper ones). asked for some special features and elements (extra pocket, special buttons, and colored lining). the jacket came out excellent (quality-wise), but they neglected to put the lining I requested in...they used the 'standard' dark gray lining. when I asked about it, they said 'oh sorry, but nothing we can...