or Connect

Posts by conqueror

likewise.
can anyone comment on sizing for these herring by cheaney brogues? i guess i am fortunate (or unfortunate, depending on who you ask) that i've never needed a proper pair of dress shoes prior to now. i'm a US 12 in almost all sneakers (vans, nike, cp etc) and a US 11 in dr. martens 1461's. http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/herring/canning-rubber_brogue/black-calf alternatively, i'm open to anything else with rubber soles for around that price.
i have an aeropress + porlex mini too, but i'm way too lazy/forgetful to regularly buy fresh beans. this, plus the fact that i don't like overly fruity notes (aka not a fan of many third wave roasters) and found it incredibly difficult to consistently make a good brew means it's probably not the product for me. super fast cleanup, though.
does anyone own both the postman oxford 101s and dr marten 1461s? i wear a US 12 in pretty much all sneakers, and a US 11 in the DMs. bought the postmans in a US 11, but they are much narrower than i expected. australian distributors don't seem to stock half-sizes, so it's either these or a US 12. the leather is so thick that i'm finding it difficult to tell if they're too short or not.
i missed out on new order tickets, but the recent (small) kevin cummins exhibition at the opera house was a nice surprise.
i'd try one.
i would kill for that problem, i have a bunch (inc the kazuna which i just bought) which are often slightly too short.
got back from sydney last night - thank you to whoever recommend pendolino, it was fantastic. lumi was great too and highly recommended. stayed at the QT and while very nice i don't think it was worth the cost - will probably try shangri-la on the next trip (whenever that is). i only had time to check out two sf-esque stores on my long list: kazuna and harrolds. bought a tie from kaz and he was v friendly, would love to go back for a suit if i was ever in sydney long...
i've used my black 256 everyday at work for the last year now - can anyone recommend a leather conditioner or something similar for the (black) handles that i can buy in australia? they've started to crack slightly.
hey, i'm heading to sydney soon and have a few quick questions. 1. is there anywhere in the CBD where i can try on trickers and churchs other than double monk + henry buck? what are their selections (and pricing) usually like? 2. any CBD stores to pick up a nice tie or two? i'm not sure if kazuna, oscar hunt etc have ready-made ones to purchase? 'nice' to me for a tie is less than $120ish, so drakes etc is probably too much for my blood. 3. if anyone can suggest a decent...