or Connect

Posts by mjphillips

I worked in a big NY IB for several years and you really didn't see them that often. Probably the wrong way to call attention to oneself. And as Whnay indicated, when one did see them it was on meathead traders who don't wear ties with them because they can't button their collars. Only the real old timers wore suspenders.
Quote: Originally Posted by scientific most importantly, when I have kids I would want them to go to public HS because I don't think you can be a real American without doing so. Did you wander in from a Toby Keith song?
Huge fan of this pocket square. Quote: Originally Posted by SpooPoker Quote: Originally Posted by Parker But, you could also go the other way.. add more volume... more like Hamish Bowles. So long as all the elements gelled. (and it wouldn't cost you your job ;-) I enjoy Hamish's looks (lewks?) but I think they only tend to work when you're standing next to Anna Wintour.
Just came back from SH - kind of light on mens stuff. No suits or tuxedos, and only sportcoats were tan suede. Best were shirts & ties: a decent amount of purple & black label shirts @ 75% off, but those were getting mobbed and I doubt they'll last the day. A whole bin of black label tuxedo shirts. A lot of purple label ties for $45, including repp stripes, paisleys, emblematics, knits, cashmere houndstooth & glen plaid, etc. No good shoes and not much casual wear except...
Went to the Ralph sale of Soiffer - kind of light on mens stuff. No suits or tuxedos, and only sportcoats were tan suede. Best were shirts & ties: a decent amount of purple & black label shirts @ 75% off, but those were getting mobbed and I doubt they'll last the day. A whole bin of black label tuxedo shirts. A lot of purple label ties for $45, including repp stripes, paisleys, emblematics, knits, cashmere houndstooth & glen plaid, etc. No good shoes and not much casual...
Quote: Originally Posted by SpooPoker I dont have the link, but I watched it. Great interview. Oprah was sweating his balls. His kids are cocky. Worth watching for the scenery and the teepees.
I went to an all boys boarding school in South, and to me a major benefit of prep schools is that everyone involved seems to care about the outcome. In typical public school a decent % of the students, teachers and parents have zero ambition and could care less about actually learning something, so by giving your kid a more motivated set of peers (and especially teachers) she is more likely to be motivated and succeed herself. Side topic, but are there any Americans on...
Great jacket, where is it from? Nice pattern & details - ticket pocket, patch pocket, storm collar latch, etc. Quote: Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
You got an SF-approved Zegna mainline tuxedo for <$1000? I want this deal. Century 21?
I have two pair that I picked up at the sample sale for $50/each and I like them a lot, though I did have my tailor slim the leg and get rid of the flare. Their fits aren't consistent though...probably had to try on 10 to find 2 that worked. I wouldn't pay full retail but I like the ones I have.