or Connect

Posts by mjphillips

@skinnygoomba - i can assure you that the wedding party will look nothing like that last photo you posted. Quote: Originally Posted by mafoofan ^^^ Generally agree, but: horse farm. Dinner suits don't sound appropriate in that context. Perhaps I should have been more clear before but I'm not getting married in a barn. It's a historic Virginia home with a horse farm on the grounds. My concerns with black tie are mainly due to the heat -...
1. If I go the navy suit route, is a solid white shirt the only appropriate choice? 2. Can anyone rec a place to have a look at some ivory dinner jackets? Brook & Ralph Lauren come to mind, curious where else would have a good selection? I live in NYC btw.
Quote: Originally Posted by TimelesStyle If you want to do black tie but want it to be a bit less formal, given the setting, why not do an ivory dinner jacket? However, I don't see anything wrong with an all black tuxedo either. Good idea....my only concern would be that it would be too late in the season for an ivory dinner jacket? A few days before the official end of summer, but post-Labor day. Also - am I right in thinking that...
Quote: Originally Posted by GBR Decent lounge suits would be preferable: Evening dress really is not suitable for weddings however American it now is. If you really feel lounge suits are too work like, my sympathy. Surely you can get yourslef one which is new and unsullied by such use? First time i've heard that black tie isn't suitable for a wedding; it's commonplace in the US, especially the south. I've been to probably 30 weddings and...
Hello everyone, I've been a browser of the forum here for awhile, but this is my first post here. I've read many of the previous threads on wedding attire and bespoke suiting but I would still like to seek opinions here. I'm getting married in mid-September in Virginia and cannot decide the ideal attire. Here are the pertinent details: -ceremony & reception will be outdoors, at a small horse farm ~1 hr from DC -ceremony just before sunset (~6:30pm) -mid-September,...
I'd like to second Stanton Tailor. Very reasonable prices and quick turnaround.
what is the shoulder measurement - seam to seam?