or Connect

Posts by mjphillips

I stopped by late Saturday and there were still a ton of great suit/sportcoat fabrics left so anyone hoarding cloth keep an eye out for the SF sale.
damn those cognac croc chelsea boots are nice
Quote: Originally Posted by oaw01 How's the fit on the Massimo Alba - slim fitting, regular, or a tent? Fairly slim, but since it's cotton I prefer that as I don't think cotton drapes that well. It's a euro 50, and I usually wear a 40. I've since tried on other MA items at Barney's but didn't like them as much.
Yeah if you're in NYC they have a ton of Lardini at bloomingdales 59th st. Suits and sportcoats, and one white dinner jacket.
They have a lot of brands on there but IMO only 10-12 are worth looking for, so filter by that, and then color. I took a leap of faith and purchased a Massimo Alba cotton blazer Yoox at deep discount ($700 to $120) last fall. Worked out perfectly but not sure if I'd get so lucky again. The color was much lighter than in the photos. Also the photos there usually have all 3 buttons buttoned, but mine was 3/2 roll and assume most of the others are too.
Not sure if this helps, but I recently bought a pair of the cognac Brooks Bros tassel loafers (made by Alden) at the recent sale - they fit roughly the same as my other pair of Aldens, a black cap toe.
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton Anyone recognize the venue? Yes, the Met museum nyc. They carpeted and covered the the stairsteps out front for the red carpet. Plenty of interior shots all over the usual websites - Vogue, Vanity Fair, Life, NY Times, etc.
^^nice post. I agree re: Hilfiger, would have been much more acceptable in a darker color. Tom Ford divides opinion in general but if there is a resurgence of the dinner suit he will be partially responsible.
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton Which met is this? Metropolitan Museum of Art, NYC. Annual Costume Institute Ball put on by Vogue. This exhibit this year is on Alexander McQueen, so is getting a little more attention that usual. I agree, re: Kanye. Looks like a rumpled black suit.
Quote: Originally Posted by jordansmith123 hahaha, It was Vegas on New Year. Actually quite a tasteful look then, given the context. Vegas has some the worst/most obnoxiously dressed people on earth.