or Connect

Posts by Mike Lowry

Quote: Originally Posted by why I doubt your body fat changed much at all, really. Well % it did but appearance wise none at all. My arms and chest appear to be more "toned' if you will but overall I look the same. Keep in mind he takes the bf% calculations using calipers on chest, stomach and thigh areas. The largest concentration of my fat deposits lie in my obliques. The good news is I am in much better shape and feel like I have...
I just did another evaluation after week 6 and here are the results: Before: Weight: 176lbs Waist: 36" BF: 19% Max Pushups: 37 After: Weight: 176.5lbs Waist: 36" BF: 17% Max Pushups: 43 He told me my body fat was lower only in my chest and thighs, exactly the same in stomach areas. My initial goal was to get to 12% body fat but seeing the difference between 19% & 17% it is clear I'll have to go lower to lose the...
[quote=whacked;1950430]Again, you're missing the point. You are not losing weight because you eat too many calories for your level of activities, plain and simple. Fitday might overstate the amount of calories for the specific chicken breasts you buy, but chances are a drop of olive oil here, an extra oz. of Kashi cereal there etc. that you don't count more than make up for the differences. You're not losing weight quick enough => you need to eat less. That's all it...
Quote: Originally Posted by turbozed If you really want to be accurate with your calorie counting you will need to get a food scale. This is the one I use: http://www.amazon.com/Escali-Primo-D...8984470&sr=8-1 I agree that running at a caloric deficit is the most important thing for you to do if your goal is only to lose weight. Exercise is not nearly as effective as dieting is in that regard. If you need to be convinced further, look up Cal...
Quote: Originally Posted by turbozed If you really want to be accurate with your calorie counting you will need to get a food scale. This is the one I use: http://www.amazon.com/Escali-Primo-D...8984470&sr=8-1 I agree that running at a caloric deficit is the most important thing for you to do if your goal is only to lose weight. Exercise is not nearly as effective as dieting is in that regard. If you need to be convinced further, look up Cal...
Quote: Originally Posted by why The housewife who walks around shopping all day has more calories burned in activity than you will running a 5K every day and sitting at your computer for the majority of it. Are you using this for effect or has someone done a study on this? I take everyone's ideas/thoughts/recommendation into account. As with anything it's always better to continue learning. After doing more research I believe FitDay...
Quote: Originally Posted by Scrumhalf How old are you? You should use one of the online calculators to figure out your BMR (basal metabolic rate) and then your maintenance calorie level depending on your activity level. I did this calculation for you a few posts ago assuming you were 30 years old and it came to about 2300 Kcal. This means that at 2176 Kcal, you are eating too much. I would eat no more than 1800 KCal (500 less than maintenance) and do...
[quote=Mike Lowry;1948713]Grams Calories %-Cals Calories 2,176 Fat 89.1 791 37 % Saturated 28.5 254 12 % Polyunsaturated 14.2 126 6 % Monounsaturated 26.3 232 11 % Carbohydrate 110.8 436 20 % Dietary Fiber 19.4 Protein 228.2 940 43 % Alcohol 0.0 0 0 % Fat (37%) Carbs (20%) Protein (43%) Alcohol (0%) Is FitDay pretty accurate? It has the 16oz of chicken breast I eat everyday at 886 calories, 35.0g fat, 0.0g carbs, 134.0g...
Quote: Originally Posted by Scrumhalf Mike, can you enter everything you eat (EVERYTHING) in a typical day into fitday.com and post here? It would be interesting to see your nutrient breakdown as well as your calories. Grams Calories %-Cals Calories 2,176 Fat 89.1 791 37 % Saturated 28.5 254 12 % Polyunsaturated 14.2 126 6 % Monounsaturated 26.3 232 11 % Carbohydrate 110.8 436 20 % Dietary Fiber 19.4 Protein 228.2 940...
Quote: Originally Posted by raiderinks For the protein bar, the Kashi, the Myoplex, and the honey roasted peanuts, please list the total mass (in grams) of the food, as well as the total mass of sugar (in grams) of what you are eating. You probably already will do this, but this would be the number for a serving on the label multiplied by how many servings for the amount you eat. Kashi Crunch: -1 Cup (53G) -13G Sugars 2% Milk ...