or Connect

Posts by Knowledge is King

Corto which means it's a short
Antonio, in some of the showroom pics there appear to be some pleated pants with possibly higher rise lurking in the background but all of the pants that hit retailers have a low-ish rise and flat front. Is this something in development or something that didn't make it past the showroom? Or maybe my eyes are just playing tricks on me?
@nickpollica is the cut of the pants the same on the Lorenzo and the Tipo?
I wouldn't be surprised if the Japanese market has an entirely different pattern
Are there any Carmina retailers that stock EE (wider than standard) width in the Rain and Forest last (and any other last that carmina makes in multiple widths)? I'm aware that they can be special ordered at most of the usual suspect retailers, but I'd like to try them on. The Armoury seems to have their "Modified Rain Last" but it appears to be offered on only one make up.
Here are some quick phone pics. I'm not sure there's much to tell from the pics other than that the bag has held up very well and the hardware & stitching has stayed solid. I chose black way back when, but the green that Greg has is also considered a classic color for the Tanker series. I'm not sure if Greg is stocking the model that I have but looking back I sort of wish I bought the 3-way that Greg has in stock (the 3-way has a similar shape but it's more versatile).
Not sure if Greg will remember, but I came in a couple months ago with my black Tanker that is pushing 15 yrs old and he noticed it right away. I've abused it with daily use and lots of travel and it's still going strong. And the added bonus of Ura Hara 90's nostalgia is sort of fun too
If you go with a Paul Stuart suit, I don't think you'd need to use an outside tailor unless you have some sort of established relationship with an alterations tailor elsewhere. Their in house tailors are fairly competent and they don't charge for most alterations. They do charge for more substantial stuff like re-cutting pants but it's always been less than I'd pay elsewhere.
They should be the same...the only difference between them is the shape of the toe
I've found that a lot of places updose to mitigate the problems of the quicker draining pour over devices (such as Hario V60). The updosing leaves you with a strong but under-extracted cup that has a lot of aroma. Sometimes that can actually taste good, but more often than not I find that it's just the strength of the coffee masking the off flavors while it's hot. If anyone here has ever read the Blue Bottle book, there is a lot of discussion about how in Japan they use...