or Connect

Posts by Catch-22

I second the aversion to 2-tone watches, especially if this going to be the only timepiece that you wear. If you do plan to wear this watch all the time (as I'd probably want to as my 1st nice watch), I'd recommend something with a stainless steel or leather strap. The santos in stainless steel would be low-key enough for every day wear, but may be a bit too dressy for some occassions. Since you like cartier, maybe you could try the santos with a black leather strap...
As a current investment banker (albeit in San Francisco w/ a more casual dress code) let me attest to the fact that your choice in designer should really depend on your position within the organization. I've spend a fair amount of time interacting with New York bankers and know first hand that while looking respectable is of the utmost importance, outdressing your bosses or senior bankers won't help your cause any. You will be looked upon as a total jackass if you're an...
Does anyone know of any discount codes for Lands End? I'm thinking of trying out a cashmere sweater and would definitely appreciate another 10-20% knocked off... I figured it was worth a shot... Thanks,
I've always been partial to live365.com They have a ton of independent streaming radio stations in pretty much every category allowing you to zero in on any music category you feel like listening to at any given moment. They do have some obnoxious commercials, but much less so than traditional radio. I haven't tried the subscription service (no commercials/more stations) but its cheaper than most streaming services...
Not sure of any sights that actually sell music videos, but there are a good number where you can view them for free at any time. The best of which is Launch.com (owned by yahoo). You can view pretty much any recent (2000 and beyond) popular music video free of charge at any time. Other less legit sites/platforms (Kazaa, Shareaza, IRC...) have a large selection of music videos for download as well. Also, music videos also suffer a bit less from the spyware/corrupt tracks...
So, I'm thinking I want to pick up a colored belt or two to wear with jeans/sneakers.  I'm thinking red, green or something with stripes... The idea really isn't really original.  I saw a couple of really cool red/pink belts in the latest issue of DNR (October 4th) that looked really cool and assume that there should be more availability in Spring '05. However, I'm looking for something a bit sooner. What are everyones thoughts on the colored belt issue anyway?  Does...
Try J.Fold I bought one of these about a year ago and it has served me very well.  They're a bit more edgy than the general black/brown leather but still not too "out there" for every day use. Also very reasonably priced at ~$40. J.Fold Website I have since switched to a multi-stripe paul smith, but that was primarily because I got it for a song... They often have certain models at Nordstroms as well if you want to see one in person.
I just received this amazing gucci blazer as a gift but really don't think I'd wear it much (very casual work environment). It is absolutely brand new and just sitting in the gucci garment bag I received it in. It's currently on Bluefly for $1399 (down from retail of $2032). Starting offers of $900 + shipping.  This is 35% off the already discounted bluefly price Since its on bluefly - I'll just provide their description and picture.   "¢ Color: Grey Mélange "¢...
I just saw these sneakers by Medium - style is called Existentialist. I thought they look pretty cool, but may be a bit much.   Anyone have any experience with the quality of this brand?  Haven't heard much about it, but a lot of their designs seem pretty original (though some don't).  These do look a tad bit like some prada sneakers I've seen in past seasons, but I won't hold it agains them   also available in brown Existentialist - in brown On another note,...
So, the purpose of my buying a diesel watch is really a short-term fix before buying a better (read more expensive) watch in a couple of months. I am personally very fond of the styling (I find the watches I picked out pretty individual and not really copycats of higher end designs), wouldn't ever wear the watch with a suit (unless I was wearing it w/ sneakers)  and just really want something that looks kind of cool so that I don't have to keep looking at my cell phone...