or Connect

Posts by Little Cletus

Quote: Originally Posted by Annabelle J. My bedroom is decorated in blue theme and I am ready to purchase bedding sets. I have chosen different colored bedding at Ellesilk.com, but don't know which one is best. I hope my bedroom will make me feel super relaxed after a busy day. If you were I, what will you choose? #1 #2 #3 or can you recommend me some? Any suggestions you give me will be appreciated. 1 but why does it have to be...
Quote: Originally Posted by Shoe fetishisisisist I don't know what certain things are supposed to cost but i picked up a lovely Hilfiger sportcoat on the Wednesday and dropped it off at the tailors the same day to have the sleeves taken up, he told me to pick it up on monday and quoted me £11. not sure what the going rate but that seems pretty good value to me, as long as he does a good job obviously. Chris. That's a reasonable price but...
Really? A shoe width 101 lesson? with wrong/incorrect/subjective materials? I think you largely underestimate how much regular posters in this forum know. Like most people on here you make too much of a fuss about lasts and think that if a certain size on a particulat last doesn't fit that you can just go up or down a size or side to side on a width. The last has more to do with the shape of the shoe and some people simply cannot wear shoes made on certain lasts even...
Quote: Originally Posted by Salsalocust Hi Guys, What's the experience or opinion of the 360 last? This "Milner " possibly takes on the label "fashion forward" in some quarters. [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] I personally wear a "Maidwell" - an Adelaide with medallion toe and there is also this "Bramwell" [IMG][/IMG] You really can't have an opinion on a last because the last has more to do with the Shape of the foot and everyone is...
Quote: Originally Posted by JLibourel Actually, Peal was a venerable bespoke cordwainer, much like John Lobb. They licensed the Peal name to Brooks for use in the States in 1953, if I remember correctly. Peal folded in 1965, I think, but Brooks retained the rights to the name. There is no "actual Peal factory," and there never was, really. I believe Edward Green was the first vendor Brooks used, followed by C&J. These days I am pretty sure Alfred Sargent...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jay Gatsby 1) Learn to use the quote function. 2) You are far too new to this forum to have such a high level of confidence in your posts. 3) I am taking bets as to how long it will be before you are banned. PM to place. That doesn't even make any sense. Being new on some blog just means that you don't know who I am or what I know. Look at the average age of the people here and you'll see it's under 30...
Quote: Originally Posted by Quadcammer Ok, so I had an old pair of shoes with a glued leather sole (no chance of resole), so I figured I'd deconstruct one and see what you guys thought Let me know how good or crappy you think it is, and take a guess at the brand. It's a cheap junk shoe.
Quote: Originally Posted by NOBD Second one. Of course, I just wanted to see what people here would say. I just looked it up in my dictionary which is 50 years old and that is the only correct pronunciation. But who knows. People in the US have been mispronouncing it for so long that sometimes the wrong pronunciation becomes the norm and may even be found in new dictionaries.
Quote: Originally Posted by phoenixrecon isnt it hudson, clark, milano, elliot. Whats the 5th one. Thompson
Quote: Originally Posted by agavilanes What do you guys think of this selling strategy? Thom Browne Rugby shirt. BIN for USD 1 ...but USD 199 S/H http://cgi.ebay.com/THOM-BROWNE-POLO...item3365fb63f5 Good idea or epic fail? It would be a reasoable S/H regardless of the cost of the item. Just having to pack the item in a box and mailing it from the post office takes time. The box may cost $10 and your time, say 1/2 hr is another...