or Connect

Posts by schanop

These are bad asses, and so is Tom. They make me pondering if I should get another pair to compliment the wing tip and SF boots: not very healthy for my wallet, I suppose. Quote: Originally Posted by amlai Alden #8 Plaza cap toe dress boot from Leather Soul:
Quote: Originally Posted by Fishball Schanop, Could you tell us where you get those shoes converted to goodyear welt shoe? In HK? Which shop? Thanks. Sorry to mislead a little bit. Not so long ago, I don't have a any goodyear welt shoes at all. The first pair of decent shoes I bought was Alden 9015 and since had been sold to goodyear welt shoes. Zee however told me that he could convert his shoes to goodyear welt if desired when I need to...
Quote: Originally Posted by Toiletduck For those who don't know what/who Zee's are, they are a small outfit in HK making custom shoes. Address is Zee's Leatherware & Shoes 18 Far East Mansion Arcade G/f Middle Road Tsim Tsa Tsui [skip] Also copied a members photos of his Zee's from this link fyr [skip] Those have finally turned into my dancing shoes now. I was thinking of it as a convertible street shoes/dancing...
Quote: Originally Posted by meister You mean simple stuff? I go to Fred Ayoub (Sullivans Shoe Repair) at Wynyard Ramp near the back elevators to Clarence. His family members also own the Milson's Pt Railway Station shoe repair shop that has a magnificent German shoe stretching machine. It does widths at the lacing level for instance which is normally impossible. I gace him a pair of Edwin Clapp vintage 1940 captoes to stretch today...FWIW that were a...
A parallel question, is there any recommended cobbler in Sydney?
I have both Washburn and Ultra. First for a Washburn, you can get a good deal from Cedarville store, but only from this page; then the price would be quite competitive with an Ultra. You can also get an Ultra at a good price from the same place. Between the two, I like the Ultra' heel better, but the Wahsburn's full toe. For me, a Washburn fits some shoes better, but an Ultra fits most shoes better, so it depends on a fit for each pair whether I would choose a Washburn or...
I have been using Adam (AV Europe Mode) in the city for a while now. He does quite a good job for many things. I have had one RTW velvet coat shoulder pulled out and reattached and many other nipped around the waist and sleve length shorten; some shirts added with darts; some trousers adjusted waist size/length. If you happen to know Mark (Ken Kook), or Rod/Simin (Blade), you might be able to ask them nicely if they would take your job to their in-house people. They are...
Hi Jumbie, For #1, you could do something similar to the formula; the fit however will be slightly different. I started with a comfort craftman, kangaroo leather in size 8G. Shortly after I bought them, I then found that they are a little bit too short for me. The next size longer as far as I under stand is 9. As of now I have aqquired two more pairs (that's easy living in Australia): another craftman, kangaroo, but in size 9F and turn out, yearling leather in size 9E....
From RM current print catalogue, comfort craftman in F is available as a custom order. You can specify the comfort "Welt Rubber Sole" (code P) for an F fit craftman. Myself, I prefer the colour of kangroo chestnut to the yearling chesnut. Some how, it just looks better.
"Claret" is another new shade for Yearling leather for this seasonal catalogue. I don't have any picture at hand at the moment, and my memory is fading a little bit from when I saw a pair of Craftman. Anyway, I would describe it as a shade of red wine colour. It's roughly mid-brown with red tint. The colour is very nice though, however, I picked up a pair of Tan Bark Roo last week.