or Connect

Posts by mrjames

depends on how much you need letting out and afaik if the stitching is just for effect, then it's an easy job to unpick and restitch- while you're at it you can get the button holes made to be fully functional. I think it costs about $5 per button
Quote: Originally Posted by Holdfast There is a difference between getting a bespoke suit and being a suit designer, exactly- I guess it can be summed up by 'the experience you want, at the price you wish to pay' maybe I want a huntsman tweed suit, made in the huntsman style, and made by a huntsman tailor who will say "this will look good on you", but on the other hand- maybe I want to be the designer maybe I want a blackwatch tartan suit made...
Quote: Originally Posted by acecow Shoulders are too wide. Armholes are too low. Sleeves are short. Waist could be taken in. agreed that the sleeves are short, and maybe the waist could be taken in. But the arm holes are already as high as I think they can physically get, they do cut into my underarms! I'd have argued that the shoulders weren't wide enough, i prefer a more structured look- maybe one day i'll get shoulder padding put into a...
Quote: Originally Posted by acecow This is ridiculous. He had to hold his breath for the photoshoot. Sorry, I don't think that shirt fits you well at all. And it is miles away from the RL fit you posted. How do you think it could be improved? I think an extra 1/2 inch to the shoulders to square off the shoulder a little, 1/2 extra sleeve length, and longer in the body, but what else would you alter? (it was shittly tucked though, and...
Quote: Originally Posted by landshark unrealistic fit. It is literally skin tight. Not to mention that the shirt is pinned to fit the model, and doesn't actually fit that way. The ideal fit will follow the shape of your body with minimal extra fabric, but still room to breath and won't pull at the placket when you're standing. it's not unrealistic by any means (imo), skin tight but tailored so the seams line up perfectly with the joints, yeah it is probably...
Quote: Originally Posted by PaoloM A tailor who wil make anything for you, takes the fun out of going custom. The prestige of saying you're a client of _____________, is lost. I agree there is a element of recognition about famous tailoring firms, but surely one could also argue that going to one house for a particular fit lowers the brand to just 'bespoke off the rack', i.e you'd go to A&S to get an A&S fit just like you might buy into a...
When I used to model I had a portfolio of all my clothes which I could send out to stylists so they could tell me what to bring and figure out some outfits prior to my arrival so yeah I think it's a good idea, maybe not for style forum though- no one would want to see 100's of charcoal gray identi-fit suits anyway
Quote: Originally Posted by SanktDave Would you agree that there is a bias towards slimfit shirts? Would you consider this shirt to be too billowing excluding the fact that the shoulder seam is correctly fitted. http://www.ivy-style.com/wp-content/...08/11/fred.jpg maybe a little big- not huge, but not exactly tailored this is about what i'd consider to be good fit
Quote: Originally Posted by JamesX I usually reward craftsmen I like by referring them to all my friends. There is no tip like giving them additional business. Though Gifts and Tokens appreciation are not bad ideas either. i'm 21 years old- and most of my friends would wear a hoodie and jeans, even when presenting to clients- they laugh at the idea of me having a tailor, aha in fact I have one friend who once covered up a scuff on...
Quote: Originally Posted by Reevolving mrjames, On SF, structured shoulders are actually considered "old" (and simply outdated). Also, low gorges are also considered old. I think this is just fashion conditioning, b/c there is nothing inherently youthful or grandpa about a low or high gorge. It's just some arbitrary notch. Here is a different look at mrjames'...