or Connect

Posts by mrjames

Quote: Originally Posted by TRINI Becks in RLPL apparently. lady becks in a silly hat I like his wing collar
I like russel and bromley style wise, I only have experience with their dress shoes- I own a pair of brown oxfords. They have thin soles so they look quite sleek, but they needed resoling after 1 year, the leather isn't the greatest, it's thin and not very resilient to creasing, but it takes a patina well Loake and barker probably make a 'better' shoe for the same money, but it won't look as good crocket and jones is similar in style, but definitely a step up in...
Quote: Originally Posted by ShaneB What tailor is this then? I live in London too and am looking for a decent tailor... steven purvis in glasgow
Quote: Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse Oh....yeah, it IS a Tom Ford! I think the jacket actually looks a little more snug in the pics than it feels IRL. It's actually quite comfortable and doesn't restrict any movement at all. I can actually breathe in it too, haha. I think I have a bad habit of slouching most of the time, so I usually overcompensate in pictures and stand up way too straight. But, the robot pose is usually better for a good...
Quote: Originally Posted by soxpats I cringe every time I see one of these threads. If you like the way it looks on you, why do you care? because you buy something, you learn more, you realise you don't like it and you realise you're outside the return period. so you ask for the opinion of a forum full of people to help you when you don't require the knowledge to make the decision yourself, and most of the time the sales adviser has given you...
Quote: Originally Posted by CaymanS They're trying to prove a point (I guess) but it just makes the whole thing look even more sad and desperate. I think it's more about promoting the idea that you can get what you want if you work hard for it and strive to obtain- whether that's a better life, or a better suit; I think it's a possitive message, presentation of hope I guess
Quote: Originally Posted by CaymanS even foregoing meals and basic neccessities. guilty as charged...
Quote: Originally Posted by the_sulks I'm going to wear it with the brown shoes and the brown bag. How come navy fits it? navy and brown are complimentary colours remember you don't always have to stick to the 'rules', so by all means wear a belt that's a different colour to your shoes/bag, but if you do make sure it's a colour/tone that fits the mix aesthetically, navy and brown goes really well imo. Maybe it's just a europe thing...
Quote: Originally Posted by Holdfast A more expensive but more reliable way would be finding a designer or theatrical costumer to work with in developing the look and details, and then giving the product to the above malleable tailor to copy as precisely as possible. +1 the bespoke tailor I am looking to work with works mainly in costume- but i've seen his tailoring work and he's a darn fine clothes maker, excellent prices too- base price of...
Quote: Originally Posted by westinghouse Buy a matching belt, you cheap bastard. wear trousers that fit... **fashionista alert** wear a navy blue belt- navy would go well with tan