or Connect

Posts by mrjames

looks fine, what's the thing at the top- is that a metal toe cap? how is it like from the side- what is the thickness? Does it affect how you walk?
Quote: Originally Posted by SpooPoker Lolwut ok yeah it 'goes' in the sense that no one will really notice or care, but brown looks better with navy than black- no? Navy and black just doesn't seem to work, Black and royal blue sit nicely but anything darker than 'prussian blue' begins to look too close to black to clash, but too far to match- just doesn't work for me. Black goes with shades of gray, and strong colours. Navy is too...
I think you definitely 100% need to size down, or get a slimmer cut If the store assistant told you that it looked fine, then don't listen to them- in my experience there's a 1/6 chance you'll actually get someone who knows what they're talking about. When you're new to suiting (not that you are) you think something fits fine and looks/feels good, but then you learn how things should fit and all of a sudden it looks like a sack and you can't move people get it into...
just tell us who your 'style icons' are who do you want to look like but to summerise- there's currrent fashion (which changes daily) timeless fashion (which changes every 10 years) and true timelessness (which is so boring that no one pays attention to it) so you either dress like one of the above 3, you dress in something that's 'out' of fashion, like an 18th century french man or you craft your own 'style' out of a number of sources. This question is way too broad
I dye my hair and tan my skin to match my watch strap... seriously, i'm curious to know where the ideas of matching come from, belt and shoes is a given (apparently, although I am unconvinced- I wouldn't wear brown and black together, and I wouldn't wear silver and gold, but I'd happily wear a white belt with brown shoes for example), but watch and bag matching- where does it end? personally I think if the colours go together, then wear them together. All this matching...
they will both work burgendy looks nice with navy too black does not look good with navy sand/beige looks good with navy gray looks good with navy navy looks pretty good with everything
I too would like an answer to this question. I've come to the conclusion that when it comes to tailored RTW one has to accept that there is only soo much tucking that can be done and as such you have to compromise between the front fit or the back fit. Unless you have that perfect silhoutte which can fill a suit I think this is the difference between RTW and MTM, MTM can be made with the balance in mind, RTW has to be pulled into shape, and there is usually no way to...
it definitely says it's pre-owned in the listing also it looks pretty uninspiring, even for £130 i'm not a huge chester barry fan at the best of times, it's too full and I think a bit of a A&S rip off
Quote: Originally Posted by Nil This or get her a cab. make sure when you do call the cab company and they ask how soon you want the taxi- please don't say "as soon as possible", especially if you're still in bed with her
forgive me if i'm being noobish, but I think you need to size down you look like you have large shoulders in relation to your waist, so you might be a drop 8 rather than drop 6 the shoulders could do with an inch taken off each sides, and there is too much material in the chest which is (i think) causing the rippling size down to get a proper fit in the shoulders, and get the body taken in to fit snug the shoulder padding will serve to structure the shoulder...