or Connect

Posts by mrjames

sorry bro, how tight is it- just a hair or 'can't do the buttons up' if its the former then you can get an extra 1/2" by moving the buttons on the front of the shirt just look in the seams at the shoulder, you will be able to see if there's any excess fabric left at the seam, in my books tailors do usually leave excess material- even at the arm hole. My tailor only trims it off once i'm fully happy with the alteration
here is my critique on the survey 1- Why is this important? Any what do you hope to gain from the answer- I like in the UK, i've heard of it, but i've never shopped there, and I probably have no intention to shop there. I only heard about it through style forum 2- Too vague, I like to buy quality, as do most of us here- but prior to going on Style forum I used to think that hugo boss was the pinnacle of quality and my local tailor could only produce rubbish. 3- Again...
Quote: Originally Posted by kuslamb because that is what I like, and that is what (in my opinion) has always fit my frame the best. Good man, eventually style forum will get the better of you and it will tell you what best fits your frame notch is fine, 2 button is too- but it's just not as different enough from a suit for me to really feel like i'm dressing up i'd have gone peak, but that's just me definitely go with a cummerband, the flash...
Quote: Originally Posted by Quadcammer hate to say it, but those shoes are not very attractive in the first place. +1 would look soo much better in oxblood I think
Quote: Originally Posted by Unfashionable Something along these lines is my backup plan for now. please leave the shoes alone for a few days before you start messing with them again. At the very least the leather needs to recover trust me on this, I spent a solid week repairing a pair of topcoat dyed shoes, and the thing that worked best was to leave them for a few days to let the leather dry out if you need to re-dye them, use saphir...
ok, I think the leather is just over processed right now is there a texture to the 'patch', or is it as smooth as the surrounding leather? You may have removed the factory finish with the acetone as I guess AE shoes are not anilyne dyed, but probably have surface pigment on them. If you have removed the facvtory finish then the best course of action is probably to strip down the whole shoe and then re-dye/repolish but before you do that we need to rule out the...
k so i had a quick go in photoshop (the orginal image is top right) top left is a smaller frame in the same shape, slightly lighter in colour bottom left is standard tortoiseshell wayfarer, bottom right is half framed wayfarers
I think they are 1/4" too wide for you, and the colour is being drained from your face, they're too dark- get something in a mid brown, your hair colour should dictate the glasses colour here- get something lighter I can see the shape working on you in the right colour/size- but maybe try a wayfarer, try loads of things, you never know how it's going to look until it's on your face
Quote: Originally Posted by Whoisjohngalt415 Thanks for all the responses. The uniqueness of the cuffs is that there is light blue stitching about a half inch from the cuff. Also has buttons not sure if functional but the nordstrom tailor said he couldn't shorten from cuffs or it would compromise the stitching. Believe it or not armani is not the only person in the world who can sew, the tailor could put the stitching line back in if it really...
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Classter eh, save yourself from us. Go buy your suit, and move on with your life. Sticking around this forum will cause you nothing but despare. You'll never think your stuff fits you well enough, you'll spend obscene amounts of cash on shoes, and you'll ignore the news and comment instead to the person next to you about that terrible collar gap the news anchor's got. 1. buy Hugo Boss suit 2. ?? 3. ?? 4....