or Connect

Posts by mrjames

Quote: Originally Posted by stanwelks 1. Can anyone post a link to a shirt for around $75 or less? I might want to add studs to the shirt, can someone post a link to an inexpensive shirt that I can add studs to? I'm likely going to wear the shirt once. just get a fly front nice semi formal (i.e. stiff textured cotton) shirt with a turn down collar surely you'll need a nice white shirt, don't you ever go to restaurants? fwiw I go to black...
Quote: Originally Posted by SirGrotius Is $375 a bit ridic for an OTR shirt, "ruined me" in the sense that now I'll be hard pressed to enjoy my shirt collection. 1- for business use (i.e a super plain OBD), maybe- for fashion use, no. I paid £300 for a liberty shirt once... as master classes said, it's all about the designers cut and how your body works with it. Think levi 501 'anti fit' jeans rather than perfectly tailored chinos 2- Part of...
Quote: Originally Posted by Will Get the best bow tie and accessories you can and skimp on the dj really? I doubt anyone would ever think to themselves hmmm that's a nice bow tie he has on. Jacket quality (and more importantly fit) is going to be a lot more noticable to the non-sartorially minded individuals IMO a silk bow tie is a silk bow tie is a silk bow tie- as long as it's made from quality silk then quality is a non issue as...
yeah just wash them. They will probably never shine again after washing though why did you buy waxed denim if you don't like the leather shine?
Quote: Originally Posted by IST66 Cucinelli Sport Coat - 95% Wool 5% Cashmere http://www.ehaberdasher.com/servlet/...fdsh-40/Detail Thank you, Mike! Thanks! so beautiful and you wear it well- nice tie
If you spent on the jacket then you'll need matching trousers which will probably cost a bit. So maybe consider the possibility of getting an odd jacket and then you can wear any trousers you like, maybe something like a great velvet shawl collar tuxedo jacket and some lesser quality plain black trousers. Spend big on the jacket (or if you go with a suit please get matching trousers), spent on the shoes and the shirt, accessories are where you can save. For a square you...
for purely style i'd say 2- but for wedding wear, probably 1
£400 will get you a bespoke suit from a basic cloth at my local tailor where do you live, if you're not in london you can probably get a bespoke piece for £600 alternatively paul smith sale is probably a good bet for a suit i've heard good things about marks and spencers, zara good a good slim fit suit what exactly are you looking for- £25 won't buy you much. a set of good buttons for a suit costs more than that... edit: that baumler suit looks like it has very...
Quote: Originally Posted by MBreinin Because it looks like a magazine shoot to me. ha, thanks well I do a bit of modelling and i'm a pro photographer, so i'm glad I could make the hallway outside my flat look so professional aha
first post here, be gentle i'm not sure what to do with the trousers, I like the slim silhoutte- but if I drop the hem then they'll juyt bunch up rather than cover the shoe, I could reduce the taper by 3/4" but i'm concerned it will effect the shape too much. I might just get some dress boots instead... and bear in mind that at my age most kids dress like this [[SPOILER]]