or Connect

Posts by erutha95

Go to eHaberdasher.com and look at their house Benjamin line of suits. I just picked one up and it compares fairly well with my Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece in Fitzgerald cut. Reportedly the Benjamin suits are fully canvassed, though I'll admit I haven't checked my own. For ~$500, it's a pretty good value.
It's not platinum either. It's its own element. Similar to platinum, but distinct. That is, rhodium is about as similar to platinum as aluminum is to titanium,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALLEN-EDMONDS-PARK-AVENUE-OXFORDS-BLACK-SIZE-10-B-/221006562510?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item33750484ce#ht_500wt_1413
Hi everyone, I posted earlier asking for advice about a suit fit. Someone suggested that the shoulders of a 38R didn't flatter me, which I'm not sure I agree with, but it caused me to pick up a couple of other sizes to compare. For the record, I need this suit mostly for a relatively conservative environment, so keep that in mind. My main question is which represents a better starting point for tailoring: 38R or 39L? A 38L would probably be best, but Brooks Brothers...
Hi everybody, So I just picked up a BB Fitzgerald suit, and I wanted to make sure there isn't anything glaringly wrong with the fit before I commit to keeping it and get it tailored. To my eye, it looks pretty good, but I figured it would be a good idea to ask for the opinion of some people who know better. If it's hard to tell, these pants aren't the suit pants so don't worry that they don't quite...
Hi everybody, So I just picked up a BB Fitzgerald suit, and I wanted to make sure there isn't anything glaringly wrong with the fit before I commit to keeping it and get it tailored. To my eye, it looks pretty good, but I figured it would be a good idea to ask for the opinion of some people who know better. If it's hard to tell, these pants aren't the suit pants so don't worry that they don't quite...
double post bc of forum issues
Hi everybody, So I just picked up a BB Fitzgerald suit, and I wanted to make sure there isn't anything glaringly wrong with the fit before I commit to keeping it and get it tailored. To my eye, it looks pretty good, but I figured it would be a good idea to ask for the opinion of some people who know better. If it's hard to tell, these pants aren't the suit pants so don't worry that they don't quite match. It seems to me that the shoulder fit is spot on, the...
It's a coat the pie-maker wears near the end of the first season of Pushing Daisies (great show if you've never seen it-especially if you like Tim Burton. very trippy yet whimsical) I've looked at actual military surplus, but real military coats tend to be much more baggy and would probably require drastic and skilled alteration to get to what I'm looking for. I suppose I could look for a very long peacoat, and perhaps add epaulettes, but it'd be so nice to just buy what...
Hi everybody, I recently saw a coat on a TV program, and I've decided that I must have it . The style is, roughly, dark gray, double breasted wool overcoat, mid to 3/4 length, slim fit with some waist suppression, with epaulettes. Here's my dilemma. Apparently, this is not a common coat style. It doesn't seem too out of the ordinary to me, but what do I know? I found the perfect example at bluefly, but all they have is L and XL, and I'm pretty sure I'd need a...