or Connect

Posts by CTGuy

For sale is a Kroon brown tweed/herringbone type sport coat. I bought it from Sierra Trading Post several years ago for approximately 170 bucks (feel free to compare to Kroon jackets currently listed on STP). I had it taken in very slightly - like an inch or two around the waist. It's tagged a 48R and it's a very casual, unstructured jacket, though it still has enough form to look dressed up in the right situations. It has patch pockets, dual vents, suede elbow...
Hi Guys, As mentioned in another post in Buying and Selling: Long time member although I have not posted much in the last few years. I am starting a new job in a few days and I am thinning my oversized heard of men's clothing and randomalia. Up for sale is a pair of 13D black Santoni oxfords. In good shape, but worn by me a fair amount. I'd rate them around 85%. When I originally purchased them they were several hundred dollars. I would continue wearing these...
Hi Guys, I am a long time member who has not posted much in the last year or two. I am starting a new job in a few days and I am spending part of this week going through my wardrobe looking at my extensive collection of men's clothing plus randomalia items do not get much if any use at all. First up is a black leather Polo Ralph Lauren zip-top briefcase. The bag is tagged on the inside with a leather "Polo Ralph Lauren" label. This is a slightly stiff soft-side...
PM sent
I appreciate the input.I already have a JD and the debt to go with it. I see the MBA as a worthy investment if my company is going to pay for it, but I am not willing to borrow money. The idea of financial aid or some kind of merit based scholarship is tempting, so perhaps I will consider that option. Honestly, I am very gun shy about taking on additional educational debt- a personal goal of mine is to pay off what I currently owe as quickly as possible and move on with...
Interesting, but as I said I am not interested in spending $50k+ on this endeavor. The dual program could be a good idea, but as I said I am exclusively considering state schools, most likely UMass since I would be able to qualify for instate tuition. Thanks for the input.
I don't want to get into specifics, but it is not as nichey as you would think. I could have easily said I am in "litigation support," but I wanted to provide a bit more detail and where my motivations lie.I appreciate the thoughts on the IT degree being of minimal value. My general thoughts are the an MBA may offer a bit more flexibility.Thanks.
Long time SF member (not posting much recently). I value the opinion and expertise of the membership here and I'd like to float something that has been on my mind lately. I'm considering taking some graduate courses and maybe pursuing a masters, but I am not 100 percent sure what is the best use of my resources. I'm pretty much exclusively considering doing something at the state university where I live in some kind of blended online format (I travel a ton for work and...
I think just a short(er) stint. Although I know guys who have done JAG and are still having a very positive experience 6-7 years into it.There are too many law school discussions on here to get into how I feel about all "that".
Hey- it all depends. I guess I am "hating", but certain stuff strikes me as borderline unprofessional. I like fishing, but I don't put that on my resume. Maybe that's a mistake, but it just seems out of place to me. Things like charity work or certain non-professional achievements make sense to me. I get how certain personal interests and achievements that don't fit into a box might be useful to include. You wrote a successful graphic novel or you restore classic...