or Connect

Posts by gvibes

Quote: Originally Posted by avatar This spring, with the thaw over, I returned to the walking and trying to eat less. At the end of the spring, I was wearing size L shirts, and 33s and 34s in jeans. I realize that to many of you, an "L" is gigantic, especially in American sizing - but it's the smallest I've ever been. Yesterday, I ate almost nothing, mainly out of necessity - I moved to a new apartment, didn't really have food, too late for delivery,...
Quote: Originally Posted by lefty Which sports emphasis the back? Highland games? lefty If he played football, which is likely, then he probably did a ton of deadlifts, cleans and squats.
Quote: Originally Posted by odoreater Doesn't get any better than Mark Rippetoe's program: Starting Strength ++ ++ ++ Awesome starting book.
So, what brands of jeans fit the "big" guys around here. I have a 38" waist, 46" hips, and 26" thighs, so the hips and thighs may be a bit bigger than your "typical" 38" waisted guy. The only brand of jeans that regularly fits me is Mavi, but I'd like to try something nicer, but don't really know where to start.
Quote: Originally Posted by jaustin Hey everyone, I've recently been wondering how good stretching is. I myself practially never stretch even though I play a good amount of sports. I very rarely get any injuries even though I am quite unflexible (I can barely touch my toes). Are there any really great benefits to stretching every day? I find that for certain lifts (stiff-legged deadlifts, deep squats) being flexible is an absolute necessity to...
Quote: Originally Posted by mensimageconsultant 6 daily, moderate-sized servings of meat or seafood might be too much iron. If combined with a supplement that contains iron, probably. It was my impression that most multi-vitamins (and definitely male-specific ones) don't contain iron for this very reason. I could be wrong though.
Quote: Originally Posted by drizzt3117 10 scoops of protein is around 220g, do you get zero grams of protein from your diet? I probably get no more than 40-50 grams of protein a day from my diet. I also weigh about 220, so worst case scenario, I'm getting about 1.25 g/lb.
Quote: Originally Posted by dragon8 About 2-3 times a day as a shake which I think is alot. I do about 4 or 5 a day, with 1.5-2 scoops a piece. I mix it with water, so there I don't get any additional protein from the milk. I'm a veggie, so I don't get much protein naturally.
Quote: Originally Posted by Young Scrappy I'm trying to gain some mass. I started this workout tomorrow. I need a tweak a little because I do plyometrics. I would like some opinions. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/luis6.htm I think it's pretty bad, but there's worse. Too many calf isolation exercises, leg extensions and curls are horrible, no deadlifts, and arms don't need their own day. I also dislike seeing plans without dips - I think...
I have an abbreviated workout plan due to an ouchy knee: Monday and Thursday: deadlifts - 3 sets at 245 pounds, right now something like 14/9/5 reps - 1RM is about 370. I want to hit 400. Once I hit that, I think I'm going to concentrate on overhead presses. Dips - 2 sets, bodyweight, typically 14/10 reps. Reps are getting high, so I will be adding additional weight soon. standing overhead dumbbell presses - 45s, too many reps I also get some pull-ups in...