or Connect

Posts by gvibes

Eggs are a good, calorically (whatever is the opposite of dense), source of protein. The dietary cholesterol has a limited to nonexistent effect on serum cholesterol, so that isn't much of a concern. Other people will point to the saturated fat, but it is still unclear whether saturated fat intake is associated with cardiovascular disease, and even if it is, the egg likely has enough "good" fats (poly and monounsaturated) to outweigh any adverse the saturated may have on...
Eggs are good for you, including the yolk. Dietary cholesterol has almost no correlation to blood cholesterol, and theconnection between saturated fat consumption and heart disease is still up in the air. It's a good source of protein, and seems pretty filling. Do it.
I bought one for my wedding, but the only times I can think of wearing them are 1) other people's weddings, and 2) I've wanted to go to a black tie opening gala for the chicago auto show for a bit now.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mauby Any tips on posture? I have a tendency to slouch. Any of you ex-slouchers do any particular exercise(s) that helped with that? I mean, short of joining the military. I used to have terrible posture, but I think deadlifts (and maybe squats) have forced me into good posture. My fiancee teases me about standing too straight.
Anecdotally, higher carbohydrate intake can cause bloating.
Quote: Originally Posted by hendrix Many bodybuilders are on ketogenic diets, for which fat (yes saturated and unsaturated) is the major component. I don't think this is right, as a general statement (unless you are referring to the high protein with intermittent carb loading diets some use in cutting, as discussed by Lyle Mcdonald). It's tough to put on muscle on a ketogenic diet (or at least tougher than on a non-ketogenic diet).
A couple pairs of AE golf shoes for $68 BIN, seemingly in good shape: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ategory=158956 Decent style in 10D - would have bought these if a half size bigger http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...Category=63850 Ass ugly in 10.5EEE
Quote: Originally Posted by BeaconHillBoston Eating a low glycimic diet is good for muscle gains, because it keeps the insulin spiking to a minimum. I thought that insulin spikes encourage muscle gains? Isn't that why bodybuilders inject it?
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnGalt from a practical standpoint, most likely the bride wants the guys to look the same - it's standard wedding cliche. a different suit will look different in the pictures and the bride will hate that. Yeah. My fiancee was a bit hesitant about my "let the groomsmen wear what they want as long as it's black tie" plan, but I'm not going to make two of my groomsmen rent a crappy tux when they already own one. This...
Quote: Originally Posted by hendrix In the end, all we need is carbs, protein, fat, fibre and some micronutients. Humans probably don't need dietary carbs. Though it's likely most efficicient to get at least the 100-120 grams of carbs a day needed for brain function. Otherwise, those carbs have to be created through gluconeogenesis.