or Connect

Posts by jinusama

A beautiful R. Caruso Sartoria Parma grey pinstripe suit in Italian size 50R. Recently purchased on B&S. I really wish I could wear this, but the sleeves are too short and there is no room to let out. A really, really handsome suit. Hand made in Italy. Light pinstripe on dark grey. (The fabric weight is on the lighter side.) 3-buttons front (roll 2 1/2). Center vent. Natural shoulders. Single pleat on the trousers. Measurements Jacket: 20 7/8 chest; 19 waist; 18 1/8...
AAAUp for sale is a pair of quarter brogue oxfords made by Edward Green for Brooks Brothers' Peal & Co. line. I hate to let these go, as it took me quite some time to track these down, but they're too big for me. My loss is your gain. Minus the natural creases, the shoes are in excellent condition notwithstanding their age.The only flaw I see is some discoloration, about the size of 3 quarters, on the outside quarter of the right shoe, near the heel. (Please see...
Thank you for the edification w-k (and TD). I have been looking around for these for some time; I guess I finally have my hands on them. Unfortunately they are about 3/4 inches longer than my other shoes, although they are not as big as the sizing suggests. I usually wear size 9, but no heel slippage or awkward creasing with these, which are size 11 as you said. Contemplating whether I should just let these go or wear them with insoles or tongue pads...
Thank you for chiming in. All the EG ones I have seen so far had (i) handwritten signatures and (ii) "Made in England" on the waists. Do you know if these are an older or a more recent production? (Or have they been resoled, possibly?)
I recently acquired an old pair of Peal & Co quarter brogue oxfords, and was wondering if anyone could help me identify the maker. I've taken interest in the old Peal & Co. and Brooks English lines of shoes and have read up on many of them on the forum (I also own a pair of quarter brogue oxfords made by Cheaney for the BE line), but have never come across anything like these... The pinking and the shape of the stitched line in the front of the quarters suggest either EG...
Pm'd on 5.
I have a NWT Luigi Bianchi Mantova suit in Italian size 50R. Navy with grey nailheads. Unlined. Please see the previous post in the archive for pictures and measurements. http://www.styleforum.net/forum/thread/253308/drop-nwt-luigi-bianchi-mantova-suit-38r-40r#post_4642461 The price is now $475 shipped CONUS. SOLD. Thank you.
Drops on LBM suit and RLPL pants. Probably the last drop for now.
Added RLPL linen pants.
The ones on the LES tend to be cheaper. I was recommended Stanton Tailors on Stanton Street, but never had personal experience with them because they were not taking any new orders at the time. By default, I went to Victor Tailors on Mott Street and I have been very very satisfied. I started with simple tasks (taking in shirts, hemming pants) and have gone on to some fairly complicated jacket alterations (taking out shoulder pads, shortening the jacket), all with great...