or Connect

Posts by sstomcat

conditioner plus polish it has neatsfoot oil which is supposedly good for shell.
Why no shirts in 17.5 or 18 please?
V nice, are all your trousers Bills?
Yep P2 and Norweger is a killer too, I have one in calf and wanted one on the Budapest last in Shell, sad that they do not do it anymore.
sure wont duck, I like the Alt Wien style in cordovan by Vass, F last plain derby in Bordeaux shell and a Bentivegna by Piergocomi.What I like - Fit, fit and fit. hand welted, hand lasted and reasonably priced comes second.What I dont like - have to work with standard lasts and patterns. Quality control not as stringent.
I'm not a fan of any brand, even though I have many pairs of one particular brand. There ought to be a reason why a Viennesse firm is almost despised or unknown in its own country so much so that it had to do away with its own Austro Hungarian tradition and gone full circle. Whereas other firms of same origin are thriving.Plus I never quite appreciate anything that is hyped up.
plus the hype and hoopla compounded by the brilliant marketting of Mr Carr only accentuates the gullibility of its esteemed customers.
I don't know what you meant, but those do not seem to be doing that.
Good to know, Mr Kalman Berta makes some great trees, official supplier to Vass and Many East and central european makers.I have never quite understood why Vass trees do not quite fill flush in the vamp area, does anyone know?
I hear you, I learned that from someone well respected here beleive it was Ron Rider. I do know and acknowledge your point, even though I'm not fully convinced that natural turpetine that Saphir uses,used in miniscule amount is going to ruin your cordovan shoes. But for the perfectionist it is best to buy different colored cordovan creams oouch expensive!.I switch b/w Reno, Creme Universaille, and neutral cordovan(depending on my mood ) and am pleased. IMO there is no cure...