or Connect

Posts by ortolan

Quote: Originally Posted by Glen Plaid Thanks to CharlestonBows, Sator and Nicola for your extremely helpful responses. Next time, I'll ask to try on a stock suit and to see and understand the particular modifications. My situation with the current suit now seems clear. If it fits, then no harm no foul; I got a good suit for a good price. If it still doesn't fit, then I'll ask that the merchant either have the suit remade or refund my money (his...
Quote: Originally Posted by rukawa78180 hello, i m in shanghai right now and i would like toknow that the promotion of W.W Chan, buy 2 shirts get 1 free with their testa fabrics is a reasonable promotion or not. One shirt is 100 euros (150 dollars). So for 200 euros (about 300 dollars) you can get 3 shirts made by testa fabrics. The website sayshttp://chatolufsen.blogspot.com/2008...de-qualit.html the armhole of good quality shirt has two seams, the...
Quote: Originally Posted by lee_44106 I just received my new alligator belt in the mail. It is not a name-brand nor a store purchase. Rather, I ordered it online. The price was quite reasonable and I took a chance. It is made in the USA! Overall impression was FAVORABLE. [...] -Another detailed shot of the stitching. RLPL at top and my new belt at bottom. The stitiching on the RLPL belt is nice and even throughout, the other belt not so much. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by globetrotter my wife got me, 10 years ago (as an engagment present) a tiffany belt buckle. I have in with me prety much most days (unless I am wearing braces). not very much money, a little bit of luxury, and easy to use every day. I highly recomend it. oh, yeah, and engravable. The belt buckle sounds nice, and with a bespoke leather belt, you may only need to punch one hole. I had looked at tiffany silver...
Quote: Originally Posted by Golf_Nerd Hello, my birthday was last week. I ignored it. He is my suggestion: A hiking stick: http://www.austrostock.at/img/wander...esterreich.jpg This present is unique and tells a story: Your live will change and the best you will get is some hiking!!! The present is not expensive and can easly stored! Happy Birthday! A beautiful hiking stick you have, enjoy in health! It is a good idea for...
Not much to go on but travel. I'm not sure on your budget, but with that theme, off the top of my head: 1) Inflatable travel pillow $5 2) Motion alarm for luggage $20 3) Portable binoculars for sports, wildlife, opera, $30-$50 (Olympus) 4) Noise cancelling headset $100 (Audio Technica) 5) iPod $100-$300 6) Internet home security video surveillance (view your home while you're away - Panansonic) $100-300 7) Digital camera (smaller is better, Casio or Canon)...
Almost all my purchases are at full retail - mostly MTM and bespoke. If you buy your clothes on sale, you will look like a gentleman who buys clothes on sale. (Not my quote, but from a VP of sales I used to know). --ortolan
Quote: Originally Posted by Huntsman I use the red line. This thread should be a poll! Definitely should be a poll. For myself, when buttoned, I prefer it to be a bit short of the green line. The red line is too snug for my watch hand and too dependent on watch worn (and also shrinkage, your MTM or bespoke tailor's shirt-to-shirt tolerance, etc.). So in all, somewhere midways between the green and the red. Unbuttoned, maybe just...
Quote: Originally Posted by Roikins Yeah, I believe a large part is due to the fact that many of the diners there are international travelers staying in the hotel whom are more accustomed to formal dining. And the food was fantastic -- too bad Siegel will be leaving, but hopefully it'll make the new Myth even better. I recall the Dining Room at the SF Ritz when Siegel was still at Masa's. The room was filled with ancient people, about 400...
Quote: Originally Posted by mafoofan ^^^ I can't speak for Manton, but I like the cuffs on my OCBDs to be a bit looser since they're casual shirts. Like that shirt. And that larger left cuff might be sized for a manly watch. I prefer most dimensions looser on my casual shirts than my dress shirts (except the cuffs, don't like them too low on the hand): a very snug casual shirt starts looking like a dress shirt, in my view. --ortolan