or Connect

Posts by crazyrabbits

Quote: Originally Posted by rnoldh It would look good worn as an undershirt with this beauty: I would take the "exploding pizza" CBC shirt over this monstrosity.
Quote: Originally Posted by noobizor Damn, congrats on finding a jacket with a trim waist. Shiz is RARE in these parts. Also, what's the exact deal with Ben Sherman shirts these days? The ones I find (especially the 'vintage' cuts) are pretty interesting, and the buttons are always a unique color that enhances the shirt. I remember GQ used to talk the brand up a lot when I was a kid; though now, in the UK, they seem to carry some sort of a classist...
I found a very nice 42L Ralph Lauren sport coat today at my local thrift store. I hesitate to call it tweed, but it's the closest I can make. It needs a bit of care and tailoring, but it's still in pretty great condition, and it was only $20. They also had a 38R black Zegna two-piece for $30 - alas.
Quote: Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy Is it sad that I can immediately identify this as a picture from GQ?
Quote: Originally Posted by 83glt Selling as a lot 20 ties that don't make the rotation. Also 10 pocket squares, 4 bow ties and a pair of Trafalgar braces. Most of the ties have hardly been worn at all, though a couple do show more wear than the others. Details are below. $150 shipped for everything. 1 x Charvet - like new 1 x John Varvatos - like new 1 x Truzzi tie - like new 1 x Vintage Gucci - light wear 1 x Gerber French bespoke tie - like new 1 x...
Quote: Originally Posted by MBreinin There has always been, and will always be a market for well fitting and close fitting clothes. Never comprise...even in the face of Armageddon. (/Watchmen reference)
I keep hearing a lot of good things about these guys (especially on another forum I frequent, RedFlagDeals). I may make it a mid-year present to myself to go for one of their suits.
The second time I hit up a Talize in my city (Mississauga, Ontario), I found a very nice Mexx brown pinstripe suit (44R, 36x30 pants). Normally $30, but since it was everything half-price that day, it was only $15. I've also found some pretty good dress shirts (Boss, Sean John, Hilfiger), but nothing truly mind-blowing.
A few brands which annoy me: D&G: I can't speak for their suits or their brand as a whole, but the pricing of their shirts and their advertising (which, as of the 2011 season, comprises alternating shots of a greasy-looking man with oversized sunglasses and shots of half-dressed miners staring into nothingness). I recently saw some D&G "Gold" dress shirts selling for $275 at Harry Rosen - quality-wise, they're not worth a sixth of that amount to me. Ed Hardy: It's a...