or Connect

Posts by woody3691

I visited World Group in All Season Place and asked about full canvass. Salesman was very nice and friendly and informed me the canvass extended to the lapel and rest of the suit was fused. He showed me a sample suit and it was okay but I would prefer RTW.
@Tropicalist: Don't know name of cutter but WG near Oriental Hotel doesn''t offer full canvass. Maybe you need to insist but they don't even offer bone buttons. Don't know about the other WG. I know there's a WG on Charoenkrung Rd and don't know if any of them are associated. But if you can get a full canvass suit for $300 US, with real wool and not a poly blend, go for it.
I agree with some qualification. The perception that you can come to Thailand, spend 3 days and leave with a Bespoke wardrobe is foolish. You can get some decent shirts made, however. If you want a suit copied you might do okay. If you can spend several weeks and have several fittings you'll probably do okay if you carefully select the fabric and have the luck to choose the right tailor. If you want everyday suits, are extremely specific as to detail, again, you might...
Love the doo.
Used WG by Oriental Hotel for 4 suits. They would not do full canvass. Batting 50/50 on the suits. Had to have two suits reworked by other tailors to get it right. Moon River on Sukhumvit by Asoke BTS has been consistently excellent. Will do full canvass. High quality fabrics available at reasonable prices. They also re-tailored many suits and sport jackets that were store bought, Cerutti, Hickey-Freeman, Canali and Zegna. They also took the time to remove poor...
Spoke to tailor at SR. They won't make a full canvass jacket, if I remember my conversation well. Can't say anything else about them.
Spoke to Narin many times about suit construction. Something always made me hesitate. Depending upon the fabric, the full canvass will cost 10,000 baht premium otherwise he will fuse. After having had 6 suits made by 4 tailors all over Bangkok I had the best suit made by Tanika on Sukhumvit near Asoke BTS, close to Narin. Full canvass, hand sewn, great tailoring, exquisite workmanship, bone buttons, secret pants pockets with a very long list of everything I wanted on...
MADJBS: Can't see your suit, pix removed. I too live in Thailand, BKK to be precise and after living here for 4 years, I have recently embarked on a suit buying spree. I visited many tailors and asked tons of questions, checked out loads of fabrics and have come to certain conclusions. It is possible to get a bespoke suit made in Thailand, fully canvassed, impeccably tailored, with luxurious fabrics. But it's a lot of work. I was originally going to try one...
see below