or Connect

Posts by Milhouse

To really shock the US folks here, I was in a foreign country and getting a home cooked meal. The cook taste tested some RAW CHICKEN to make sure the seasoning and marinade was correct. Absolutely no ill effects. Of course, if I tried something like that, I'd be dead. Did anyone see the Anthony Bourdain "No Reservations" in Japan where he had chicken that was practically raw? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nmdKAk8Zhs It is about halfway through that clip.
Amazon has it. I just browsed the excerpt they have, and learned a lot. Apparently, in a fridge, food should be stored in different areas. The book says fish should be stored near the top, with whole cuts of beef and pork under that, etc. It also had the proper temps for fridges and freezers listed. Thanks.
In my time spent around the world, it seems that everyone has different standards for food storage and safety. In some places, mayonnaise is a table condiment left out without refrigeration. Other places use different temperatures for refrigeration. So on and so forth. Actually now that I think about it, I don't even have thermometers in my fridge and freezer, so I have no idea if they are at appropriate temperatures. Of course, I also don't know what appropriate...
Quote: Originally Posted by MetroStyles One possibility is that you are eating a large lunch which kills your ability to stay alert and focus in the afternoon. This happens to a lot of people. Maybe you just aren't getting high-quality sleep? Try something natural like ZMA before going to Melatonin. Melatonin is natural.
Quote: Originally Posted by abbeyroad alright guys, i think we can put an end to this thread now. we did it last night and it wasnt too bad. thanks for all the advice. i just wanted to make sure that i didn't have to talk to her about it directly beforehand. just dont want her to think that i treat her like objects, like i do to some other women. Which approach did you take? I'm guessing the "walk out of the bathroom without pants on"...
I thought I had told my absinthe story before. I was living in Germany, and found a tiny shop where they had huge dewars of various liquors. They filled a 375ml bottle with absinthe for me, and I went home. One night, myself and a bunch of others were going to go out. I decided it was a good time to have some absinthe. I prepared it as best as I could without a proper absinthe spoon and whatnot. Anyway, I enjoyed it. . . a lot. So I drank the whole 375ml bottle....
Quote: Originally Posted by SField Yea sorry, but in school there were these losers who played some game called Ever something (Ever Chronical, Evermore??? I don't know whatever), and they were the biggest social retards you'll ever meet. I'm very sorry, but grow the fuck up and get a real hobby. Good film and television are in much smaller doses and they serve to stimulate the mind and can be valuable cultural or artistic experiences. There is nothing...
Quote: Originally Posted by samblau Last night I went to White Star, again, until 4AM. They made me a drink called a Waldorf. Rye, Vermouth and Absinthe. That drink will knock you out cold. Took me over an hour to finish. British bartender playing Beatles remixes all night. Yeah, my only experience with absinthe knocked me out cold. For like 12 hours.
Quote: Originally Posted by dusty I'm surprised that worked. I grew up in a rough area. They were pretty good about stuff like that if it was clear you were not a problem. In fact, one night, my mother got out of work late, and an officer stopped her almost immediately when he saw her leaving the parking lot. "Ma'am, you should have been out of this neighborhood hours ago, follow me, don't stop at the stop signs or lights, I'll flash my...
Quote: Originally Posted by Grayland Unfortunately, very few personal trainers can actually teach someone to clean & jerk or snatch and very few gyms have bumper plates to allow that type of lifting. If you find a trainer and a gym that can teach you the O-lifts, you've found the right place. +∞ Several years ago, I hired a trainer. I met with him once a week for about 12 weeks. I hired him to teach me proper form on the squats,...