or Connect

Posts by Milhouse

Is bone marrow a variety meat? Nothing better than scooping the marrow out of osso bucco.
Oh, I remember reading the ingredients on some popular brand of prepackaged chorizo sold in the US. It was mostly salivary glands and lymph nodes.
I've eaten a lot of stuff. Beef tongue is one of my favorites. Really amazing flavor and texture when cooked properly. Intestines are also a favorite for two reasons: natural casing sausage, and deep fried intestine rings. I like most organ meat as well. One thing I've never tried is pig's feet. I've had chicken feet though.
Quote: Originally Posted by KenN No idiotic assumptions here. Question though (purely for curiosity's sake), what operating systems have you used, and why were all of them crap? Pretty close to all of them I'd guess. Short list: MSDOS Windows Mac OS OS/2 a whole lot of *nix variants (Solaris, Linux, AIX, BSD, etc). And like I said before, that doesn't include embedded systems and such. Each one has good parts and bad parts. ...
REI calls themselves a coop. I get a rebate each year based on how much I spent. That sums up my experiences. Hope it helps.
Quote: Originally Posted by KenN I was just voicing support for the other poster, are you feeling defensive? I just wanted to make sure you weren't making idiotic assumptions. As I've mentioned, every operating system I've ever used has been crap.
I'm a fan. Always fun to see the faces of my US friends when I get something like blood sausage and proclaim how delicious it is. I will admit, I've had it a few times in Germany and it was too runny for my taste. I prefer it much firmer. Good South American blood sausage that has been grilled over an open fire (asado) is perfect.
Quote: Originally Posted by KenN I have to side with matt on this one. Most people that have issues with Windows don't know how to use their computer properly, of course, this is a blanket statement so there are exceptions to the rule. For example, Apple users are quick to blame Microsoft programmers for making insecure software that are conducive to security faults, and they also like to bring up the issue viruses (mostly Spyware and Adware) on...
Quote: Originally Posted by kwilkinson User error, obviously. Of course.
I've used a number of operating systems in my various jobs. Various flavors of MSDOS, several versions of Windows, several Mac OSs, several types of *nix, etc, not including various small embedded OSs. I was lucky enough to work at a facility with a supercomputer even. I hate them all.