or Connect

Posts by Milhouse

Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNWorn I don't know dude. So far I've had to move my eyes and mouse a lot more, whereas I could see everything in the 19" without having to refocus much. The way I often think about it is dividing the screen real estate into two areas. . . Functional and Reference I need to DO something, like work in Excel, so I want a nice big piece of screen for what I am doing, without scrolling and changing the...
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNWorn Bigger != Better, especially if you don't game much. I haven't fired up Battlefield 2 or Counter Strike in years. But, working in excel is noice. I don't game at all. Bigger is better for monitor real estate. Using two monitors is pretty good. I think that is probably at the sweet spot in the value curve.
Some more good advice about driving: Leave plenty of space (a car length is a good starting point) between you and the car in front of you at a stop light. Even more space on a hill. I've seen and been involved in accidents where a chain reaction occurs because some jackass hits the last car in a line at the light and then 5 cars get smashed as a result. Also, sometimes cars don't get traction and start to slide back down hills. It can happen suddenly. If you...
And obviously, bit torrent technology is only used for the sharing of open source, publicly licensed, types of material. . . e.g. linux ISO images and other such software under licenses like GPL.
Well, here is a basic explanation using an analogy. Imagine that I have a book that you want. I can send you one page at a time. I can also send one page at a time to some other people. This would be a serial distribution. One page at a time, in order to each person requesting the book. A torrent splits the book up into pages as well. But instead of requesting only one page at a time from one person, a torrent requests one sort of random page from every person...
Quote: Originally Posted by JonHecht I took ambien once and I hallucinated that my bed was a raft on a river. I had a mug next to my bed with some monkees on it. They came alive and started swinging alongside me. Damn, my hallucinations weren't anywhere near that intense. I laid in bed, my bed felt like it was moving slightly, like swaying, and then everything that is normally still in my bedroom was moving a bit. Swaying I guess. Like it...
Quote: Originally Posted by taktikz not roids man, I mean Cycling as riding a bicycle. lol Roids = too many sides. LOL, when you put "bodybuilder" and "cycle" into a sentence it means anabolics.
I took Ambien daily for a couple of years. My tolerance was high enough that I was also prescribed various benzos to stack on top of it if I couldn't sleep. I experienced no downsides to the drug. There was zero sleepwalking. Zero sleepdriving. Zero other crap. I strongly suspect that the strange effects occurred with recreational doses or mixtures of ambien with other, probably recreational, drugs. Only during the first few doses I ever took did I experience...
Quote: Originally Posted by dustin Reduce drinking excessive tea or coffee. I don't understand this, it makes absolutely no sense to me. These liquids are the very foundation of life!
Quote: Originally Posted by Reggs Is there any use for duck in place of a ham hock? I want to make a lot of soup/stews over the next month. I've never had a sufficient quantity of duck to use like that. But, I bet lots of duck carcasses could make a pretty interesting stock.