or Connect

Posts by Milhouse

What is your opinion on giving your child(ren) some wine with dinner? How much is too much? How often is too often?
Quote: Originally Posted by Pennglock Setting aside the question of identifying 'gifted' kids, what do you guys think we should be teaching them? IMO there is not much useful teaching to be done without segregating these kids in separate schools and hiring extremely capable faculty. In theory this should be the situation at elite prep schools, but thanks to the nature of the college admissions game, these institutions' curricula aren't much...
Quote: Originally Posted by why The obscurity buries the humor. Maybe the joke wasn't meant to be. Besides, are they entirely glucose or some kind of unsweet disaccharide? It depends. For example, birth control pills use sugar of some sort. In double blind drug studies, they may use the exact pill formulation minus the API. One of the studies I worked on used a cream. I think it was some kind of basic hand lotion or something.
Quote: Originally Posted by HORNS And there's so many qualities that constitute "gifted" that are either unmeasurable or are underappreciated. I'm thinking, specifically, about creative/artistic intelligence as well as leadership. The leadership quality that I am referring to is especially vague, but it is ultimately manifested in the workforce after the child is out of school and is an adult, but it is still a very a very important quality at a time when...
Quote: Originally Posted by why It's not as funny. Fine, then use the chemical name so it seems more legit.
Quote: Originally Posted by why Sugar pills. Use the proper name damnit.
I have a very simple metric that I would like to propose for determining whether a girl is above your "Chunkiness Threshold Value©" (CTV) I am designing a special 2 by 2 matrix that consultants can use during client engagements as well. For now, here is the "Chunkiness Threshold Rating System©": Do you get an erection when you see the girl naked? If yes, don't worry. If no, then she is over your CTV©
Quote: Originally Posted by Thomas Not all things can be solved by ... the government. May god have mercy on us all!!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by LA Guy iirc, Senior Calculus, Algebra, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics were all needed to get into Engineering or Science, so (at my school, at least), people took those classes in droves. But things may be different now (I graduated from high school in 1993.) Of course, I'm also surprised by how many students manage to fail freshmen math. My high school pushed vocational programs quite a bit and military...
Wait, that doesn't make any sense. What are the two definitions of "bisexual" then?