or Connect

Posts by Milhouse

Some of the threads in the past have touched on how "eating locally" is the best way to go. In addition, the sausage thread got me to think more about preserving food, but in a foodie kind of way. Unfortunately, eating locally means starving or preserving food for the winter in northern climates. Personally, I know how to make sauerkraut, pickles, and jam. That is it (none of those are difficult either). I'm not real keen on eating a diet of that for several months...
I like espresso with sugar usually. I do drink regular coffee too, and for that I like the medium roasts from Colombia. Either with sugar, or with milk.
Quote: Originally Posted by thekunk07 X1000000. no asshole would sit at their desk reading a magazine. nothing gets done anymore. Bzzzt sorry. Plenty of assholes sit at their desks with magazines or newspapers. A call center I worked at in college noticed that more and more day shift employees were bringing crap like that. The official stance was that it was ok if it didn't affect sales. Guess what? It affected sales. Banned all...
Answers to questions like that get billed by the hour. Let me know if you want the clock to start.
Quote: Originally Posted by Armfelt Are we talking about people under the age of 21 in the sick legal climate of the USA, or actual children? Actual children. Like a 12 year old or something. I assume there are a lot of folks here that drink wine on a daily or nearly daily basis. Do you let your child have a sip each time? Only every now and then?
Quote: Originally Posted by gilwood Ok, that sounds better. Either way, the threshold remains the same distance from said girl. Mr G still fails because he calculated 115 - 6 = 110. Damn. Are you serious? The maths needs done be taught in the schools more gooder!
Quote: Originally Posted by HgaleK 200-500 mg DMAE 1000 mg Ginseng 12.5-25 mg Ephedrine 1000-2000 mg Guarana (caffeine) 500-1000 mg L-Tyrosine 2000 mg L-Carnitine *Edit: B complex on occasion 30-120 mg dexamphetamine on occasion Iron supplement (can't really get red meat or spinach on campus) Fish and Flax seed oils Big fan of downers I see...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim If you give them enough, they pass out and give you "alone time" with the missus/a football game/crossword puzzle. DUH! Parenting 101 buddy. Must make mental note for when I have kids.. . .
Quote: Originally Posted by acidicboy is this serious???? why the hell would you wanna do that????? Very serious. I've met folks that are really against letting their child have any alcohol ever. I've met folks that say a small amount is ok. My own parents would let me have a taste of whatever they were drinking. I'm just curious what the consensus is here, since so many people enjoy wine. Were they raised drinking wine? Are they...
Newspapers are the worst it seems. A lot of daily waste. I am trying to go towards reading it all online, but I find I read more articles (and more variety of articles) with a paper instead of on a screen. Then, of course, are all the damn catalogs everyone sends me. I actually like the menswear catalog from STP because I tend to notice garments I wouldn't notice otherwise (anyone seeing a trend here? I suck at the interweb I guess). But still, it just seems like so...