or Connect

Posts by Bags

For those of you who have purchased detachable turndown collars from www.vintageshirt.co.uk to go with your BB formal shirts, which collar did you select? I see the "Albany collar," which is described as starched white cotton, or the "Soft separate collars," which are described as white poplin. Which would be more appropriate for black tie?
I have several pairs of the LE tailored fit trousers, and I like the fit. Based on your description, I'd definitely recommend the tailored over the traditional fit for you. The tailored fit are slimmer than their regular pants, but nowhere near tight. Their traditional fit is actually quite baggy in my opinion. For the record, I'm 5'-10", 150 lbs., 32 waist.
Quote: Originally Posted by LSeca I am curious as to what Audi has to offer. I am locked in for my incoming 335i (waiting for it to arrive). The BMW residual is 63% for three years at 12k per year, money factor is .00180. All maintenance and normal wear and tear items are covered with exception of tires. Well as of a month ago when I got mine, Audi was offering MF of .0008 (~1.9%) with a residual of 59% on a 36mo/12k. The residual...
Quote: Originally Posted by imageWIS From 07' on, Audi no longer provides the maintenance included with the car, but you can still purchase it (for $550 if memory serves me correctly), and IMHO its money well spent. Seriously though, if you are considering leasing, I would consider a BMW, they have much better lease rates and have full maintenance included with every car. Jon. I would actually have to disagree with you on that one. Having...
Bonny Doon Vin de Glaciere Muscat is my current favorite.
Quote: Originally Posted by edmorel If I am not mistaken, they are canvassed with fused lapels. Construction is very good at the price point. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "canvassed with fused lapels," but for clarification, my two Michel Angelos are fully fused. No canvas anywhere. Nevertheless, that doesn't bother me much. In my opinion, construction quality is high for a fused suit. At the $255 STP price, they're a great deal.
I'm wearing a Michel Angelo suit today. I picked up two of them off of STP a few months back for less than $300. At that price, I think they're a great suit. They are fused, but it seems to be a very light fusing. Not at all stiff. Most of all, I like the cut and the way they fit me. Their 38 fits me quite well off the rack. One of the few suits I didn't even bother having the waist taken in on. I never noticed the jacket being long. Definitely not as long as my...
Quote: Originally Posted by kitonbrioni That's a lot for a used suit when Filene's Basement has them new for $800. Agree with that statement, but there are two key exceptions in this case. First, this ebay suit appears to be NWT also, and second, Filene's will almost never have something as basic as a solid navy blue. Most of Filene's Oxxfords (at least here in DC) are in fabrics that are a little more "out there." So I think a price in the...
I haven't bought one, but I have tried them on in the store. As is typical for Jos. Bank, it's definitely not worth the MSRP of $895, but for $190, I'd say you might have a nice workhorse type of suit. Much better cut than JAB's typical offerings, in my opinion. Narrower lapels, higher gorge, more waist suppression, double vents, pick-stitching, etc. It appeared to be half-canvassed. I wasn't too crazy about the fabric choices though. Which one did you end up...
Does anyone have any experience with the Hickey Freeman Barrett model? HF website I'm somewhat desperate for a navy suit in the short term, and the HF website has a basic navy pinstripe at half price. I'm familiar with the Madison model, but haven't tried on the Barrett model. Any idea how it compares?