or Connect

Posts by Buster

I bought two pairs of APC NS. One pair more than a year ago at the NY store and one pair at the Paris store a month ago. They are nearly identical, and if anything the new pair is slightly wider (maybe 1/4 inch). Both are sized down by two. Maybe both are new stock, but i don't think so.
Hill, Any specific method of stretching them? I may need to do the same to mine.
I had a suit made by Peter in 5 days: Monday morning measurements. Wednesday basted fitting. Friday full fitting (or forward fitting) and picked it up on Saturday after minor adjustments (with a final fitting). I could have picked it up before, but didn't want (and didn't have) to pressure him.
Quote: Originally Posted by Flambeur really? so which one of the two are you trolling for? +1 (same question).
+1 (Same question).
I use it for my blog (which is not clothing related). It is very user friendly. Very easy to post and modify things. I also like their dashboard. I think they are also quite good in getting cross-traffic between related blogs. I don't have any experience with other platforms - so I cannot compare.
Quote: Originally Posted by Flambeur No offense to you computer science guys, but you're totally off. CS is a great, wonderful degree, but what you're saying is like saying that medical doctors can be replaced by physicists, oh and by the way physicists can do ANYTHING better than ANYONE. Tech is great, CS is great, but some of the posts in here have been pretty arrogant and overreaching. If you cannot be arrogant and overreaching on...
Quote: Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard I'm blushing and sort of wondering if you're one of my old professors. If so, you'd remember me as being the very arrogant and bastardly student in your class. Maybe... I still have more than 600 students with these characteristics.... Quote: Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard Sure, if you want to be a big time quant at a bank, you probably need a PhD. Point is? You get that...
Quote: Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard An MBA is still a decent entrypoint into a reasonably well paying, middle-of-the-road career. But it's not the gateway to the stars that it was a few decades ago. A lot of folks don't realize how far the credential has fallen in recent times, due to a number of factors that include: the glut of MBAs now swimming around the workforce, the (wholly unfair, IMO) blame apportioned to MBAs for the recent economic...
Quote: Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard Totally worthless degree in today's society, IMO. Especially if you don't go into finance. 99% of my friends from my MBA class are now in lower positions than their peers and contemporaries who didn't get a graduate degree and just spent those two years staying put and working. Years of work experience seem to trump everything these days, regardless of the quality of the experience. It's a fucked up...