or Connect

Posts by Bracemaker

I think it is the same stuff Chrysalis use - and my jacket from them is warm and dry, but there again I am not a biker. http://www.chrysalisclothes.co.uk/
Ummm... you cannot complain when you buy from a supplier outside your own country and your own government sees fit to charge you for the privilege. You are the ones that voted them in, not your supplier! That said we use air post UK to the USA because (usually) if the packet value is under $250 it seems not to attract customs duties. We split orders over that value into 2 or more packets, but that would be tricky with some other companies products (how do you value half a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff I am rather surprised you haven't been asked to design an iGent limited edition "Salad Days" Armband. Perhaps you could decorate it with Edward VIII's crown? Funnily enough, no. You've just reminded me of a Monty Python version of Salad Days had it been directed by Sam Peckinpah... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1-NpyaOWV0 Now, had the piano player been wearing armbands - he'd still have been...
Quote: Originally Posted by maomao1980 My tailor tend to make my shirts with too long sleeves that shrinks down to their proper size after two washes. I think arm bands may come in handy in the initial wearings. Where to get them online? Our website of course! Bless you for asking and prompting this unsolicited and blatant advertising www.albertthurston.com in the accessories bit...
Quote: Originally Posted by Nicola You mean garters. Last time I even thought of them I was 13 and was growing in ways that made shirts fitting not the simplest thing. I wouldn't go with garters. No - garters are elastic loops for holding socks up and constricting the blood flow to the toes. Sock suspenders are the devices we make to ensure ones sock stay in an unruffled state. Armbands are what it says on the tin. Braces are suspenders...
Quote: Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff You sold 24,000 pair? I never see these on anyone and it seems like someone who would worry about this would get their shirts made. I suppose the fact they are no longer made is an indication of their popularity. Still, I think an American would consider these a quaint affectation which evokes a world not dissimilar to the dogs playing pool velvet painting. In the dim and distant past I have sold...
Quote: Originally Posted by Wes Bourne They're fine. Get some from Albert Thurston and grab some boxcloth braces at the same time. I've also seen some for sale on ebay for less. Unless you have bulging biceps, you shouldn't have any circulation problems. Wore mine yesterday at a wedding. Took off my jacket a few times during the reception because I was overheating; no one noticed or commented on them. The last manufacturer in the UK...
Henry Buck (under 1000 Aus $)
Quote: Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff This is not one of their stronger collections. I hope they get back to their roots. I have a suspicion Mitchell Jacobs will be doing just that at Penrose :- http://www.drapersonline.com/news/pe...942244.article I didnt get time to see their full collection at Pitti as we were rather busy (I'm pleased to say...)
They have a big stand at pitti Uomo in Florence - over 800 outlets or retailers who sell their brand in Italy - not so well known elsewhere. As a fellow exhibitor they wont let me on their stand so i know nothing of their make or quality.