or Connect

Posts by spindoctor

Any other brands that have a similar fitting to Hugo Boss?
Quote: Originally Posted by phxlawstudent @ Lil, the shirts look a little short in the sleeves, but being RTW, we can't expect perfection. No one outside SF would notice, I'm sure. @ OP, if your willing to spend up to 100 pounds, have you thought about MTM? Too much measurements? Anyway, don't know what's available in Britain, so can't give you other RTW options. Yes, I have thought about getting a MTM shirt from Eton specifically. The only...
Quote: Originally Posted by lilmann40 I'm also skinny as well (5'7", 120 lbs)... I can't speak on Armani but Hugo Boss makes shirts in Slim Fit...I've tried on the Traditional Fit I belive it's called and they didn't fit very well at all...too wide and baggy. I do have a HB Slim Fit like I said, and it fits pretty good actually. I usually wear a 14 1/2, but had to get a 15 because it was the only one available and I found it to fit very nicely in the...
I'm quite short 5ft 6" and am quite thin (have skinny arms) will Hugo Boss/Armani shirts be suitable for me? If not can you recommend me some shirts that will fit. I am prepared to pay £100+ for a shirt that fits.
Quote: Originally Posted by jgold47 Yeah - it takes time. When I first got into commerical real estate one of my guys told me that: year 1 make no money and put up own money to live. year two almost break even year three make a few bucks. year 4, turn a profit, and year 5, make more than you have ever made it before. If your going to do a 100% commission job, you need to have enough money to live for a while. You can get a draw, but thats just...
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord-Barrington Many sales jobs can be very heavy on commission which isn't a bad thing if you can make it rain. There are people out there who work in sales that will make more money during their career than 99% of this forum ever will. Sales can be extremely lucrative if you're good at it and you'll always be in demand. However, any job that is 100% commission strikes me as sketchy. I know a lot of jobs have a 60/40 or...
Quote: Originally Posted by Douglas Yep, to me this is pretty much the key point. The company has zero investment in you. Why train you? Why treat you fairly? Why not hire 100 other people to work your same territory? It makes no difference to them. Companies typically do this either because they are sleazy or because they don't have any money. Neither of these is a great scenario. That's not to say it definitely can't work, because some...
Quote: Originally Posted by Rockwell I work on straight commission. I think it depends on how well you do what you do? When I started it was tough because I would have extremely good months and terrible months. Now that I have experience I can push some sales off to the next billing cycle and I learned that a good pay check this month might not be as good next month. my 2 cents. What field are you in? Nice to meet someone who works on...
Quote: Originally Posted by dragon8 As a stockbroker I did. Sometimes it was good and times that were horrible. What field are you in? I work for a social media marketing company in the UK. I've only been working there for a few months and the managers seem to be impressed with my performance. Btw, I am currently working on a 100% commission only basis. I have been summoned to a meeting with my manager where we will discuss whether I want...
Has anyone here worked on a straight commission only basis? What have your experiences been like?