or Connect

Posts by upr_crust

Today's game is called "closet roulette". The player digs into his closet for something he's not worn "in a while", which, today, turns out to be some 18 months (the dry cleaning tags say February, 2013). He sees then whether or not said garment fits. Winning in this game, i.e. finding that the garment fits exactly as it should, is very rare. Next best score is to find that the garment is a little big (today's result). Total loss is to find that the garment is way too...
[[SPOILER]] For those interested in the mystery of who makes JAB Signature Platinum suits, I took my suit from Monday's posting (spoilered above) to my alterations tailor, a Neapolitan gentleman trained at Isaia, and, on the basis of the handwork under the collar, he says Zegna makes them. As it is, he's adjusting the back a bit, and is shortening and tapering the trousers a bit - will post photos when the work is done.
x-post WAYWRN . . .
Something more autumnal for today - starting the rotation of fall/winter suits. (Does this count as "getting my tweed on", Mimo?)Suit - New & LingwoodShirt - BBTie - BBBraces - Paul StuartCufflinks - Metropolitan Museum of ArtPS - RLPLShoes - BB PealsFloris Elite [[SPOILER]] And, for Ridethecliche (and others) the manufacturer's label from Monday's JAB Signature Platinum suit [[SPOILER]]
If true fall weather would ever reach NYC, I could start to drag out the tweeds and flannels. Have a chat with the weatherman, and I see if I can't accommodate you .
x-post WAYWRN . . .
Insofar as yesterday's suit is concerned, I happened to visit my alterations tailor yesterday, and he noted the amount of handwork done on the suit, but did want to make the smallest of tweaks to the jacket (there is a small problem with the left shoulder, and he wants to adjust the collar a little, and give me room in the back for my wallet - about 1 cm/ 1/2 inch worth), and he did want to taper and shorten the trousers a bit (a change with which I fully agree). I spoke...
To be honest, the shoulders aren't small - I think that it is merely the fact that the jacket is in a size much closer to my actual size *(as opposed to my usual numeric size) that they don't appear to be those monstrous JAB shoulders. (Their slim-fit lines are not victim to this nonsense, as far as I have seen.)I would be interested to know what company actually does make JAB's Platinum line - it would be quite ironic were it to be Zegna, as I've never owned anything by...
x-post WAYWRN . . .
Today's suit is both an experiment and a "crime of opportunity". I was assisting a colleague who wanted a new suit, and wanted it cheap (due to his financial circumstances), which led us to our local branch of Joseph A. Bank. They had a rack of clearance items, from which my colleague bought a suit, but also on the rack was a group of Signature Platinum suits, their top of the line items, with a retail price tag of $2195. With all of their discounts, these suits were,...