or Connect

Posts by upr_crust

Thin White Duke is not being entirely pedantic - the three (or four, if you count Northern Ireland) realms under H. M. Liz II each have its own patron saint - St. George for England, St. Andrew for Scotland (hence the name of the golf course), St. David for Wales, and St. Patrick for Ireland (whether he engenders allegiance in Belfast is still a matter of some small controversy, I believe). TWD, as a native of the UK (and of England - the far north of it, as it happens)...
I hadn't even considered the date vis-a-vis my attire - perhaps I am simply more in tune with old Blighty than I am aware.As for the lack of brace buttons, that can be fixed at some time in the future.Thank you for the compliments on my half-hunter - a present from my current partner, showing his innate good taste.
Today has turned out to be British label day, judging from the rundown of items worn. It's also turned cold again in NYC, hence the extra layers of clothes.Suit - TyrwhittShirt - Harvie & HudsonTie - Turnbull & AsserCufflinks - Niletti Creations, NYCVintage watch chainBraces - New & Lingwood (which turned out to be superfluous - this suit only has belt loops )Boots - Cheaney, via HarrodsTopcoat - Turnbull & AsserScarf - Paul StuartHat - Selentino, via JJ Hat Center...
x-post WAYWRN . . .
With the juxtaposition of words, I could not let the opportunity pass - I am incorrigible in that respect . . .I was raised by a very old-school elementary school teacher - grammatical pedantry was her stock in trade. It rubbed off . . .
With regard to your previous comment as to the fit of the Fitzgerald, I have a similarly cut gun club check from BB, a Fitzgerald, and the waist suppression was almost non-existent - cut very straight up and down. It took some tailoring by my alterations tailor to give my jacket some shape, and even now it's a little boxy.
An English professor? I believe that's true. A professor of English language? Perhaps not . . .
x-post WAYWRN . . .
I can tell you that "opulence" was heavily featured in last night's show at the Met Museum, as the first gallery was devoted to jewels - including some quite large diamonds (Golconda, the world's major source of diamonds until the 19th century, was one of the Deccani sultanates). The locals must have picked up on this - the members' preview was quite well-attended - both the galleries and the Petrie Court (where refreshments were served) were full to overflowing.Alas, back...
As I'm closer to 60 than to 59 at present, hearing someone whine about the onset of middle age makes me grit my teeth. If it comforts you, however, I still think of you as a young guy . Also, please note that though chronology is inevitable, maturity is entirely optional.