or Connect

Posts by upr_crust

x-post WAYWRN - Stefano Branchini shoes, BB socks, Paul Stuart suit trousers . . .
Today's attire looks like a re-run of yesterday's, at least in terms of color scheme - navy suit, blue/white striped shirt with contrast collar and cuffs, and purple tie. This suit is being worn today as this will most likely be the last cool-ish day in NYC for the season - a last hurrah for three pieces and flannel.Suit - Paul StuartShirt - Harvie & HudsonTie - HackettCufflinks - TiffanyVintage watch chainBraces - Paul StuartShoes - Stefano Branchini, via Bergdorf...
It's been my experience with seersucker (or any suiting material white or close to white) that, other than small touches of color (i.e. a bow tie), one needs to keep the other colors pale as well - strong color and seersucker doesn't work well (I stubbed my toe, seriously, in a sartorial sense, attempting to wear a strongly pink shirt with a seersucker suit once).Seulement mes deux centimes . . .
x-post WAYWRN - Septieme Largeur shoes, JAB socks (who knew?) and Paul Stuart suit trousers . . .
Bernoulli, I am sure that all who saw you dressed in your new attire were bowled over by your appearance. Bravo on the new suit, shirt and shoes - wear them in good health, and can't wait to see them when next you're in NYC.Husband and I are attending a members' viewing at the Met this evening - "Pergamon" - so I thought that I should make an effort to look museum-ready.Suit - Paul StuartShirt - BBGFTie - CharvetCufflinks - Deakin & Francis, via DeNatale, NYCBraces -...
x-post WAYWRN - Septieme Largeur shoes, BB socks, Paul Stuart suit trousers . . .
Back to work today, with an early-morning conference call (so early that I'm taking it from home, then going to the office). Feh.At least the weather will continue to be mild and sunny, hence the very summery combo for today.Suit - Paul StuartShirt & tie - BBCufflinks - Deakin & Francis, via Barney's NYVBraces - Fine and Dandy, NYCPS - Alain FigaretShoes - Septieme Largeur, Paris [[SPOILER]]
Photos from a beautiful weekend in NYC - proof that I am not always encased in a three-piece suit.Yesterday, along the Hudson, south of the Whitney Museum:Today, in Central Park, on the way to brunch at the Leopard: [[SPOILER]]
Lovely to see you back, Vic. I was in your native land in February - ate and drank well for less money than in NYC, and enjoyed seeing the sights. Lisboa is a beautiful place.
Peaky Blinders or Nucky Thompson - different countries, same general genre of characters. Actually, were Dennis and I in the same place at the same time, wearing our entries for this challenge, the effect would be very cool, IMHO.