or Connect

Posts by upr_crust

Cliche, I don't have a burgundy grenadine, but I do have a couple of burgundy repps, and I don't remember particularly liking the color combo. As I said above, I need to do some shopping for a tie for this suit, and I really need to have the suit with me in order to determine proper coordination.
Seeing the suit on the hanger, I was very dubious about acquiring it, but when I tried on the jacket, the fit was so superior, and the pattern bold enough such that I could wear the jacket with a pair of tan trousers as a sports jacket without much problem. (I was wearing tan linen trousers at the time of try-on.)I really haven't had the opportunity to find a better match of tie to suit, which is an ongoing project. Today's tie I found at my local discounter at a very...
Thank you, Elio. I heard that I look better in earth tones or lighter colors (lighter greys and medium blues) quite often - a byproduct of being pale of complexion and being incapable of tanning .
Thank you, Mr. Butch. From early reaction to my posting of today, I may be appearing again in this thread soon enough. As I don't show up here all that often, it's always a pleasure when I do.
x-post WAYWRN . . .
A preview of autumn temperatures in NYC today - a perfect excuse to wear this suit again. Please ignore the braces shown in the detail photo - I had forgotten that Stuart's had forgotten to install brace buttons, so I've had to forego braces for today.I would have attempted the Friday Challenge this week, but this suit and tie combination really looks best with a blue shirt. I tried pink, and it was rather nasty-looking, and I posit that lilac would be equally bad, and...
x-post WAYWRN . . .
Blue skies, blue suit. I've a charity event to attend this evening, and thought that I should "push the boat out" a bit with my attire today. I hope that I've succeeded.Suit - Paul StuartShirt - Thomas PinkTie - CharvetPS - RLPLBraces - Paul StuartCufflinks - DVVS, NYCShoes - Harris, via Barney's NYCPenhaligon's Eau Sans Pareil [[SPOILER]]
I'm out, unfortunately - the suit I plan on wearing Friday really only works with a solid blue shirt - you'll see the reason when I post to WAYWRN.
x-post WAYWRN . . .