or Connect

Posts by upr_crust

As a long-time hat wearer, I will have to side with suitedcboy on this one - grey is a much more universal color for a fedora than is black, for the reasons that the gentleman listed. For myself, I have only one black hat, a Homburg, and I find it too severe for all but the most formal of occasions. As shown in the photo examples, wearing a grey hat with a grey suit is not overkill.
Gentlemen, thank you all for your good wishes for my speedy recovery. At present, I should be fully recovered, by medical estimates, in about six to eight weeks - just in time for the holidays. Meanwhile, it's physical therapy and pain management, with a walker (a Zimmer frame, for those of you in the UK) to assist in transport. It's rather like rehearsing for becoming an old codger, though, at 61 (as of yesterday), "codger" may be a present-tense noun .
The jacket, as you noted in your blog, has a very low button stance, which, for your purposes, feeds into the retro (or, in this case,. the retro 80's returned to retro 40's look) feel of the piece. The trousers did come out remarkably well - high-waisted trousers suit both your retro tastes and your build.
Thanks - I didn't know that No Man Walks Alone did moo shu pork . . .
Thank you, Pravda, but those fabulous Downton Abbey dressing gowns (as Hugh Bonnevile as Robert Crawley, Earl Grantham wore in the series) are way too warm and way too expensive for my poor lot. (Check out New & Lingwood's web site for sticker shock in that regard, fabulous though such garments may be.) Were I to post photos of myself in my "loungewear", one might mistake it (and me) for the denizens of Jacob Riis's book "How The Other Half LIves" at their leisure . . .
My presence in this thread will be seriously curtailed for the present. Early Sunday afternoon, in running to catch the elevator in my apartment building, on my way to brunch, I slipped and fell, and have sustained two fractures to my pelvis. Happily, neither of them require surgery, but the more serious fracture was to my right acetabulum (the socket for the ball joint of my right leg), which has made it very painful to put weight on. I must not put any weight on that leg...
The following are "lifestyle photos". My good friend Bernoulli was in town this past week, and we had the chance to meet up for meals and other sybaritic pleasures.Wednesday was lunch at Osteria della Pace, at Eataly at Brookfield Place downtown. Lovely views, very variable food - excellent appetizer, good but not astounding pasta, bad desserts.The diners at their leisure - myself, Bernoulli (the tall one) and my husband (the Chinese guy): [[SPOILER]] Yesterday was a full...
My entry - by my count, two stripes (suit and shirt), three stars (braces, cufflinks, bow tie). You be the judge.
x-post WAYWRN - C & J Edgwares, Punto socks, BB suit trews . . .
This week, the Friday Challenge is "stars and stripes". I believe that I've achieved both - two stripes (suit and shirt), and three stars (braces, cufflinks, and tie). We shall see how well the effort is received.Suit - BBShirt - Thomas PinkTie - SeigoCufflinks - BBBraces - New & LingwoodPS - Robert TalbottShoes - C & J [[SPOILER]]