or Connect

Posts by upr_crust

Speaking for myself, prep time depends on what strikes my fancy in terms of what I want to wear on a given day. I do choose what I wear, during the week, the night before, and depending on how complicated a sartorial fandango I wish to perpretrate, the whole process takes between five and fifteen minutes, on average. Spousal assistance extends only to my technologically obsessed husband's excellent taste in camera equipment (a Canon G1X, I believe) - a tripod and a timer...
You obviously didn't hear the slurring of my words due to the fact that my tongue was firmly planted in my cheek.
Caustic only speaks Murrican - the concept of "football" as it's played outside of the USA is totally foreign to him.
x-post WAYWRN - Florsheim Royal Imperial shoes, BB socks, Phineas Cole suit trousers . . .
I just got today's suit back from the tailor, where I had it trimmed down a bit, and as next week promises to be bad weather for suit-wearing (too hot and humid, from all predictions), I thought that I should give today's suit a test drive before it gets too warm.Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas ColeShirt & tie - BBBraces - LewinCufflinks - Niletti CreationsShoes - Florsheim Royal Imperial (Magnanni) [[SPOILER]] A couple of "lifestyle" shots from the eighth floor terrace of the...
The photos are fantastic, and we all very much appreciate the effort taken to take the shots and post them, Erik. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Perhaps not as peacock-y as the regular attendees of Pitti Uomo, but certainly enough of an eyeful for a rainy Thursday in NYC.
x-post WAYWRN - C & J shoes, BB socks, Ede & Ravenscroft suit trousers . . .
The Friday Challenge this week is "Pitti" - what one might wear while attending the twice-yearly menswear show in Florence, Italy, that showcase of extravagant sartorial invention as practiced by the attendees. I must confess that I don't think that I have the sense of relaxation that many of the attendees have - my attire is, for better or worse, usually carefully thought out. (Whether or not I had a brain fart while thinking things out I leave to the viewer's...
Thank you, Caustic. On the noise levels present in the financial district at night, the news that the area is a residential area hasn't reached the various department of public works of the City of New York, which performs road repair and other noisy activities at night, even though many buildings are now apartments or hotels, not offices. Part of that may be for traffic control during daytime hours, part, I am sure, just due to habit of public works.