Posts by upr_crust

It's my usual fold, but as the colors of the edge of the pocket square were the colors with which I wanted to complement today's tie, I merely stuck the square in my pocket upside down from the norm.
x-post WAYWRN - Paul Stuart boots, Pantherella socks, Phineas Cole suit trews . . .
The end of a short work week, but one week before we move house across town, to the new apartment. Postings may be spotty from now until the new place is straightened out.Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas ColeShirt - TyrwhittTie - Paul StuartBraces - Paul StuartPS - AshearCufflinks - DVVS, NYCBoots - Paul StuartOvercoat - BBScarf - Fortnum & MasonHat - Christys, via Fortnum & Mason [[SPOILER]] "Lifestyle" shots - one old wreck in front of another . . . [[SPOILER]]
The watch was a corporate award watch from Tiffany's, awarded to my late husband for 25 years of service in the financial services industry (due to mergers, it says "Shearson Lehman Brothers", though most of his career he was with E F Hutton). It is very simply styled, and is (happily for me) smaller than what is in vogue currently.
x-post WAYWRN - Magnanni for Bergdorf Goodman shoes, BB socks and suit trews . . .
Thursday, and cold in NYC - time for a three-piece suit in flannel.Suit - BB MTMShirt, tie, and scarf - BBCufflinks - WedgwoodPS - AshearVintage watch chainShoes - Magnanni for Bergdorf GoodmanOvercoat - AdolfoHat - Selentino [[SPOILER]] More photos from the trip, including photos with Bernoulli, who played tour guide for us part of the time we were in Rome: [[SPOILER]] Note that, in the last photo, I'm standing on a bench.
Thank you for your concern. The hip (well, actually the pelvic bones) is about 98% back to normal, and the cane is only a stylistic affectation now. As for weight control, living with my husband, a person with very strict ideas on portion control, helped immensely.
x-post WAYWRN - a tie I rarely wear, due to its color, though I believe that it can be worn successfully.
Back from Italy, and more or less on EST, though that varies with the time of day.Today's attire was put together this morning, in haste.Suit - BB MTMShirt - Harvie & HudsonTie - PRLCufflinks - Corcione, Largo di San Martino, NaplesPS - Robert TalbottShoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brandOvercoat - BBHat - Selentino, via JJ Hat CenterScarf - Thomas Farthing, London [[SPOILER]] Some lifestyle photos from Naples - outside of the Palazzo Reale, inside the palace, and then the...
x-post WAYWRN - Bergdorf Goodman house brand shoes, BB socks and suit trews . . .