or Connect

Posts by upr_crust

The Friday Challenge is "holiday". With this in mind, I've attempted to integrate as much green into today's attire as is humanly possible, for good or ill.Overcoat, sports jacket, shirt, tie, PS, waistcoat - BBBoots - Paul StuartHat - TesiScarf - Johnston's of Elgin [[SPOILER]]
Not only that, his eyebrow was stuck in that position all day as well.(I've heard of wearing one's heart on one's sleeve, but I've never before heard of hanging one's balls on one's lapel - must be an Oz thing . . .)
I am sorry that I cannot help you with this. The compass and watch chain were something I found among my late father's effects after his death. The pocket watch was a present from my current husband (an inexpensive mechanical watch, brand name London - worth vastly more as an expression of affection than as a piece of jewelry).It's good to be back among the ambulatory.I entirely blame Paul Stuart's. The suit was featured prominently in the fall 2013 catalog, and it was...
x-post WAYWRN - Septieme Largeur shoes, BB socks, Paul Stuart suit trews . . .
Bernoulli, we obviously both had windowpane on the mind today.Heigh-ho, heigh-ho, it's back to the office I go today, after a 10 week absence. Commuting will be a shock to the system, but at least I am able to get around reasonably well. Decided to "push the boat out" a bit, sartorially, for my return to normal working conditions.Suit - Paul StuartShirt - TyrwhittTie - Thomas PinkBraces - BBCufflinks - Budd, LondonPS - Alain FigaretVintage watch chainShoes - Septieme...
Many things were a bad idea during the disco era, but I do not remember cummerbunds being front and center in the pantheon of bad ideas (perhaps cummerbunds in pastel colors, yes - traditional black ones, no).I prefer waistcoats myself, but they are more insulation than I care to wear in warmer months. Wearing neither waistcoat or cummerbund might require one to keep one's jacket buttoned during the entire evening, or to have a well-toned waistline, or both. Since I do...
Thanks, Luger. I will assume that you are referring to my last pictorial post, the black-tie rig from this past weekend.
From your description above, it sounds as if, off the rack, you would be a EU 46 or 48L (equivalent to a US 36 or 38 Long), of which (if the US is any example), virtually none are made, either in the US or Finland. I have a friend in the UK who has a similar problem, if more complex - tall, skinny, short torso, long arms and legs. He's a 38L US/UK size but the jackets are too long, and 40L, the trousers are too big, and, with 38 Regulars, the jacket my be a proper length,...
Taking a stance different than my learned friend Bernoulli, I also believe, as does the OP, that the jacket to the suit as shown is too short for him. The OP has the advantage of being tall and thin, with long legs, such that the shortness of the jacket merely emphasizes his verticality, but, the hem of the jacket isn't covering his ass, and the button stance is too high. It is a shame, as the OP also noted, correctly, that the fabric is an interesting (and wearable)...
Maiden voyage for new swag from the Paul Stuart winter sale . . .