or Connect

Posts by upr_crust

Thursday, and not a moment too soon - a bit colder than it's been in NYC, but at least no chance of rain.Suit - BB MTMShirt - TyrwhittTie - CharvetPS - Vintage, no labelBraces - LewinCufflinks - Century 21Shoes - Florsheim Royal Imperial (made by Magnanni)Overcoat - BBScarf - Thomas Farthing, LondonHat - Selentino, via JJ Hat Center, NYC [[SPOILER]]
x-post WAYWRN . . .
A foggy day in NYC, with threat of showers. Today's attire is a mix of "junk" (i.e. brands not usually valued in these parts) acquired cheaply, and better stuff. However, I believe that it all works together reasonably well. You be the judge.Suit - JAB Signature PlatinumShirt & tie - BBCufflinks - Tiffany & Co.Shoes - Finsbury, ParisTopcoat - JABScarf - Ede & RavenscroftHat - Selentino [[SPOILER]]
The fact that the picture was taken after 2:00 in the afternoon (rather than 7:00 AM), and the fact that I was on vacation when it was taken (as opposed to prior to the start of my working day) might have something to do with the case. BTW, Murl, it would be an honor to meet you some day as well.
This weekend, while I was out observing the masses in the feeding frenzy known at Black Friday (which lasts the weekend, at least, these days), I happened to walk into Bergdorf Goodman. It's sad when a store of that quality attempts to sell hats - they had a stack of Borsalinos, priced at $430 a hat, just stacked on a shelf, and bent out of shape from careless handling. I am more convinced than ever that, in order to buy a proper hat, one needs to go to a hat store.
x-post WAYWRN . . .
A grey Tuesday in NYC, a brown suit.Suit - Phineas Cole/Paul StuartShirt - Hilditch & KeyTie - CornelianiPS - New & LingwoodCufflinks - BBShoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brandOvercoat - BBScarf - CrombieHat - Selentino [[SPOILER]] Lifestyle photo - lunch at Hutong, the Shard, London - eight days ago (it now feels like a lifetime ago, being back to work) [[SPOILER]]
And he even has shoes on them - no more need to carry them around in his hand .
Had I known this, I might have saved my fit for today in WAYWRN for Friday - but, then again, I've got a lot of bow ties with which to work. Hmmmm . . . .