or Connect

Posts by upr_crust

I suggest that you live with the coat in its existing condition for a while, then decide on any tailoring - time and usage will tell you the right thing to do, and no, it's not weird to want to leave a garment's proportions as they were designed, however that fits (or not) with current fashion.It's very cold here in NYC today - have brought out all the cold-weather clothes.Suit - BBGFShirt - Hilditch & KeyTie - BBCufflinks - Boston Museum of Fine ArtsPS - AshearBoots -...
Clags and I split it. Forget not the Crusty Crouch.I'll give you rights, for a small fee . . .As much as I am in favor of longer overcoats, you might consider bringing the hem of your new one up a couple of inches - mid-shin would, IMHO, be a more flattering look for you, but just my $.02 . . .Congrats on the new coat and the new job, in any case.
Were it deemed necessary, I could make the sacrifice, and throw myself upon the sword, though, in this case, the sword may be a steak knife with skills in Photoshop.
Yes, the avatar photo showed a gentleman whose prodigious gifts were anatomical, not sartorial . . .
^^^^^ Ditto that - sterling effort, Erik, and lovely results - we're all enjoying the pix immensely.
x-post WAYWRN - Tesi fedora . . .
x-post WAYWRN - Paul Stuart boots, BB socks, Phineas Cole suit trousers . . .
Assuming your family is from your current location, they weren't alone in that endeavor . . .
Friday, and somewhat milder, if seasonably wintry temperatures in NYC. I've decided to try wearing an outfit made of "problem children" - today's shirt, the collar points are too long (hence the collar bar), and the tie and the braces are too bright to wear with most shirts, save for French blue. I leave it to you to determine if I've tamed these ornery elements . . .Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas ColeShirt - BB MTMTie - CharvetBraces - BBPS - Alain FigaretCufflinks - gift...
Thanks, Mike. x-post WATWRN - Amicale flat cap