or Connect

Posts by upr_crust

Thank you, Brovsko. Your fit yesterday reminds me that I need to integrate my blue shoes into a fit soon - haven't worn them in a while. Always a pleasure to see what you've posted as well.Another mild day here in NYC.Suit and shirt - BBTie - HermesPS - Robert TalbottCufflinks - The London Badge & Button Co.Shoes - Paul Stuart house brand [[SPOILER]]
x-post WAYWRN - C & J shoes, J & M socks, Phineas Cole suit trews . . .
After a weekend of periodic monsoon weather, the temperatures have moderated themselves, and, after a week away from suit and tie (self-imposed exile in the CM Casual thread), I am back on form, with one minor mishap - when choosing a shirt for today, I accidentally picked one that I believed was double-cuffed, but was button-cuffed instead, so no cufflinks, except in last night's "layout" photo.Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas ColeShirt & braces - BBTie - CharvetCufflinks -...
You must live under a very lucky star to get Phineas Cole MTM (though not for you) that fits you that well, at E-Bay prices. Good on you, as they do say.I usually have my jacket off in the office, unless the office A/C is particularly efficient (I am usually quite warm - my gene configuration must have been set in a colder climate than NYC's).I suggest a visit to Paul Stuart's - it is always eye-opening, though I am not sure that DC is an ideal place in which to...
It has been my experience with both mainline Paul Stuart, if not with Phineas Cole, that belt loops are provided with the suit, and the alterations department at Stuart's will add them if the client wishes to have them. For myself, I use braces with my suits from either line of clothes, and I am only occasionally annoyed by the leather junction of shoulder straps and elasticized back band digging into my back - otherwise, I am fine with wearing braces.
Five for five this week on penny loafer variations - today's are Macgill, with Pantherella socks, and BB trews . . .
Today is rainy, if cooler, in NYC, and I have to visit the great state of New Jersey midday, hence "rain shoes" Shirt and trews - BB Shoes - Macgill, via Botticelli, NYC, some 15-20 years ago For Veremund, a close-up of today's watch - a 1980's vintage Must de Cartier tank, ivory face, quartz movement.
Tomorrow I will post a close-up - "all in good time my pretty, all in good time . . .".
x-post WAYWRN CM Casual - BB shoes, socks, and trews . . .
Today's shirt has been staring at me (or I at it, more likely) from my shirt drawer for quite some time, and I've not been able to make it work satisfactorily with a suit, so I'm trying it as a sport shirt for today - certainly enough shirting to face yet another warm humid NYC day . . . Shirt - Lewin Trews and shoes - BB