or Connect

Posts by upr_crust

Thank your wife for me, Clags - though note that she did not describe me as perky, merely my tie.If I am the winner (which is not a sure thing, considering that there is another day to this contest) but were I to win, I would entertain all suggestions, and I cannot remember a challenge of suits and boots, and would certainly give such a suggestion consideration.
I've noticed that there has been a dearth of postings by our favorite poster, Stitchy. There may be many theories as to why In Stitches has not been posting of late, but I have my own theory. Stitchy has been kidnapped by time bandits, who have transported him back to 16th century northern Italy, and used his resemblance to a local nobleman for their own evil purposes. What's worse, on pain of torture and death, Stitchy's been forced to eat prosciutto. As evidence, the...
I wore a bow tie today as well as on Monday (evidence in the WAYWRN thread), but decided to go with Monday's attire as my official entry into this contest. Hope that I made the right decision.
It's Friday, and a chance to wear something more relaxed. The Friday Challenge is to wear a bow tie, which I have, though I think that my official entry for this challenge will be what I wore Monday - Turnbull & Asser trumps Polo Ralph Lauren, in this case at least.Sports jacket, shirt, trousers, PS - BBTie - PRLShoes - Crockett & JonesOvercoat - Joseph AbboudCap - BBScarf - RLPL [[SPOILER]]
x-post WAYWRN . . . .
x-post WAYWRN . . .
Thursday, and not a moment too soon - a bit colder than it's been in NYC, but at least no chance of rain.Suit - BB MTMShirt - TyrwhittTie - CharvetPS - Vintage, no labelBraces - LewinCufflinks - Century 21Shoes - Florsheim Royal Imperial (made by Magnanni)Overcoat - BBScarf - Thomas Farthing, LondonHat - Selentino, via JJ Hat Center, NYC [[SPOILER]]
x-post WAYWRN . . .
A foggy day in NYC, with threat of showers. Today's attire is a mix of "junk" (i.e. brands not usually valued in these parts) acquired cheaply, and better stuff. However, I believe that it all works together reasonably well. You be the judge.Suit - JAB Signature PlatinumShirt & tie - BBCufflinks - Tiffany & Co.Shoes - Finsbury, ParisTopcoat - JABScarf - Ede & RavenscroftHat - Selentino [[SPOILER]]
The fact that the picture was taken after 2:00 in the afternoon (rather than 7:00 AM), and the fact that I was on vacation when it was taken (as opposed to prior to the start of my working day) might have something to do with the case. BTW, Murl, it would be an honor to meet you some day as well.