or Connect

Posts by upr_crust

x-post WAYWRN . . .
Monday, and the effects of the recent vacation have nearly worn off, both good (relaxation) and bad (jet lag).The weather is to be milder and dry today - another chance to dress up without fear of retribution from the elements.Suit - BB MTMShirt - PRLTie - Hackett, LondonCufflinks - BurberryShoes - Florsheim Royal Imperials (Magnanni)Overcoat - Turnbull & AsserScarf - Ede & Ravenscroft, LondonHat - Selentino [[SPOILER]]
I do not remember that the Cafe Sacher had extremely high ceilings, but we were sat in a smaller section of the cafe - perhaps the main section of the cafe is more high-ceilinged. The ceilings were certainly not low - enough room for crystal chandeliers without them being in the way of the clientele.
x-post WAYWRN . . .
To end the week, my warmest suit and coat, as it's some -12C/10F outside. Today's shoes are shown only because they were a bargain found on my trip to London - Crockett & Jones, on a closeout at Ede & Ravenscroft - 150 GBP instead of the normal retail 380 GBP. Unhappily, with six inches of slush in the street, I'll be wearing hiking boots with today's rig instead of C & J. Suit - BBGFShirt - TyrwhittTie - BBPS - AshearCufflinks - BBVintage watch chainShoes - C & J...
He IS a terrific fella, but the two of us having fit battles with Braddock/Sander pits two talented amateurs against two professionals in the menswear business - not quite a fair fight (though perhaps capable of producing some potentially spectacular photos).
My partner doesn't participate on SF (or AAAC, for that matter), so "none of the above" is the correct answer. He does, however, exist - Stitchy, PB, and Cleav have all met him (and vice versa).
My partner and I both have a pronounced taste for CM, and we influence each other's tastes. This makes for very crowded closets.We ate once at Cafe Schwarzenberg, but did not have the potato croquettes. I do remember having the fiakergulash (goulash with a fried egg and a wurstel), and my partner had the Wiener schnitzel, with a chocolate mousse cake, and an Esterhazy cake for dessert. It was a pleasant place in which to hide out on a rainy Sunday evening.
I would tend to agree, on two counts - first, I am prejudiced in his favor - and second, it was under my evil influence that he was enticed to buy that suit - winter sales at Paul Stuart this past post-Xmas. I am fairly sure that, without my taste for PS, that my partner would never have ventured through its front door.
x-post WAYWRN . . .