or Connect

Posts by upr_crust

New Friday Challenge is up: http://www.styleforum.net/t/516536/friday-challenge-2016-01-22-wrap-it-up-guys-show-us-your-scarves
At the suggestion of Mr. Knightley, and without a greater inspiration, I've decided to let you gents show off how you keep your necks warm in winter. Now, realizing that it is summer in the Southern Henisphere, for those of you below the Equator, you can either show off your hipster lightweight cotton schmattes, or post something from the last winter you experienced - your choice. For the rest of you Northern Hemisphere types, postings from this week, please. Poll will...
I am flattered by your envy, RogerP - I envy your shoe collection with an equal passion . . . x-post WAYWRN - Selentino fedora . . .
x-post WAYWRN - Magnanni for Bergdorf Goodman shoes, BB socks and suit trousers . . .
Still cold, though not quite as cold as yesterday. Three pieces and flannel are still a good idea.Suit - BB MTMShirt - TyrwhittTie - JABCufflinks - BBVintage watch chainPS - PRLBraces - Paul StuartShoes - Magnanni for Bergdorf GoodmanOvercoat - AdolfoScarf - Paul StuartHat - Selentino [[SPOILER]]
I was discussing that point with my MTM man at BB, and he said that Martin Greenfield probably still has the patterns for the old BBGF camel's hair polo coats, if you wanted to engage him in making them for you custom, and yes, the new ones are too short. As it was, I snatched mine on a December 26th sale several years ago - a decision I have never regretted.
Scarves come in summer weights as well, so your suggestion may be not as much of a burden for the Southern Hemisphere as you first imagined. I am taking your suggestion under advisement (and the fact that I have a fair collection of scarves may be a factor in my decision ).
Thank you, gentlemen. Now, as for the next challenge - any suggestions? Previously, in a private note to me, Tom Miler had suggested a collar pin/collar bar challenge, which would be fine for him and me, but might leave many of the rest of you unequipped to compete. Something, perhaps, seasonal, now that it's finally cold in the Northern Hemisphere (sorry, Australia . . .)?
x-post WAYWRN - Seifter Associates shearling and suede hat . . .
x-post WAYWRN, and a repeat of Friday - it's too cold to expose one's ankles today in NYC . . . Paul Stuart boots, Gold Toe socks, BB suit trousers . . .