or Connect

Posts by upr_crust

x-post WAYWRN MC Casual - Alden shoes, BB socks and trews . . .
Lack of layers on a hot day. It's too warm and humid today to don a suit - a buttondown shirt and linen trews are all I can muster today. Shirt and trousers - BB Shoes - Alden (non-BB)
The Friday before a major holiday, a day to relax a bit. I found today's tie on the rack, and remembered that I'd not worn it is ages, and thought that today's ensemble might work well with it.Blazer, khakis, shirt, shoes - BBTie - Paul StuartPS - Robert Talbott [[SPOILER]]
x-post WAYWRN - BB shoes, socks, khakis . . .
Better late than never - this morning's footwear - Carmina, Pantherella, BB . . .
Then you are a younger man than I, as I lived through the 1970's, and remember ties both that wide and that florid. As to the question of whether I wore such things, I will invoke the Fifth Amendment.
Luger seems to have an affection for the wide lapels and ties of the 70's (he has stated that he gets a good deal of his wardrobe thrifted), which is variance with the current aesthetic in these parts. I would assume he's aware of the gap between his own taste and the local collective tastes, and is otherwise unswayed by this difference.
Do I really have to post photos directly after Erik and Erika, looking young and gorgeous? Ah, well then . . .Today, I've reverted to "relaxed", after a longer-than-expected sojourn at the Museum of Modern Art last night. I apparently did attract a fair amount of attention with my attire from yesterday - a man in the subway very politely asked to photograph me, and another gentleman at the reception at the Modern asked to be photographed with me. As the philosopher said,...
x-post WAYWRN - Paul Stuart shoes, BB socks and suit trousers . . .
After yesterday's casual attire, back to a suit today. This evening, my husband and I are attending a members' preview at the Museum of Modern Art, a social gathering for which some form of stylistic pretension or affectation is almost a prerequisite, hence today's get-up. To paraphrase Benjamin Franklin - "If this be costume, let me make the most of it".Suit, shirt, tie, PS - BBCufflinks - New & LingwoodVintage watch chainShoes - Paul StuartHat - Christy's via Thomas...