or Connect

Posts by upr_crust

I think that the contrast between the shoes and the suit might have been mitigated a bit with darker socks. People wear light brown shoes with navy suits all the time (though not so often with suede), but with navy socks, the contrast between suit and shoe would have been more localized.
The Friday Challenge is to wear a knit tie. Since I have exactly three of them, this provided a greater challenge than one might expect, but here are the results, in any case.
x-post WAYWRN . ..
The Friday Challenge is to wear a knit tie. Since I have exactly three of them, this provided a greater challenge than one might expect, but here are the results, in any case.Blazer, trousers & shoes - BBShirt - TyrwhittTie - Michelsons of London, via Thomas Farthing, LondonCufflinks - WedgwoodPS - PRLAnd, with a bow to Victor, today's cologne - Penhaligon's Douro [[SPOILER]]
The reason that I knew that Cleav's shoes were Westbournes was that I had wanted to buy them myself last year, but C & J didn't have them in my size, and, irony of ironies, I bought Maltons in chestnut instead. My Maltons are lighter in color than either Cleav's picture or the shot of the Westbournes on C & J's website, and I seem to remember that the Westbournes in chestnut were lighter than C & J's website's picture.
x-post WAYWRN . . .
Something a little different for a Thursday - sunny but cooler in NYC, perfect time for one more wearing of this flannel suit.Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas ColeShirt - Hilditch & KeyTie - HermesCufflinks - The London Badge & Button Co.PS - Robert TalbottBraces - Paul StuartShoes - Canali [[SPOILER]]
Not to steal Cleav's thunder, but, were I to guess, I would say that they're Crockett & Jones Westbournes.
I have a few ties in what appears to be that weave, and the term I've heard used to describe them is "nattarino" or "natte" - a square "waffle" pattern, sometimes in a single color, sometimes in multiple colors.
So long as you washed your hands afterwards.