or Connect

Posts by upr_crust

x-post WAYWRN . . .
A capricious choice of footwear for today, but otherwise fairly conventional (by my standards, at least, which are a bit looser than some).Suit - BBGF RegentShirt - BBTie - CanaliPS - Robert TalbottBoots - Cheaney [[SPOILER]]
x-post WAYWRN . . .
Something sober and restrained with which to start the week . . .Suit - BB MTMShirt - BBTie - J PressCufflinks - Metropolitan Museum of ArtVintage watch chainShoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand [[SPOILER]]
Thank you, Stitchy, though someone with some 63,000+ posts to his credit, to ask someone with a mere 3,000 post "how do you find the time?" is amusingly ironic, but to answer the question without irony, posting has merely become a morning habit.Thanks, Pliny - quite a compliment, coming from you.
In honor of my 3,000th post, something not seen in a while.Digging in the archives again for something to wear . . .Suit - BBGFShirt & tie - BBCufflinks - Liberty, LondonPS - New & Lingwood, LondonVintage watch chainShoes - Stefano Branchini [[SPOILER]]
x-post WAYWRN . . .
x-post WAYWRN . . .
Today's game is called "closet roulette". The player digs into his closet for something he's not worn "in a while", which, today, turns out to be some 18 months (the dry cleaning tags say February, 2013). He sees then whether or not said garment fits. Winning in this game, i.e. finding that the garment fits exactly as it should, is very rare. Next best score is to find that the garment is a little big (today's result). Total loss is to find that the garment is way too...
[[SPOILER]] For those interested in the mystery of who makes JAB Signature Platinum suits, I took my suit from Monday's posting (spoilered above) to my alterations tailor, a Neapolitan gentleman trained at Isaia, and, on the basis of the handwork under the collar, he says Zegna makes them. As it is, he's adjusting the back a bit, and is shortening and tapering the trousers a bit - will post photos when the work is done.