or Connect

Posts by upr_crust

For the challenge, then . . .
x-post WAYWRN . . .
It's Friday - a sports jacket, some rather silly socks, and a striped tie for the Friday Challenge . . . [[SPOILER]]
Lagerfeld is rather short (5'6" or thereabouts, from what I remember of one glancing sighting at Saks Fifth Avenue), and he had been quite fat, before losing a large amount of weight, such that his collar height could be a most eccentric (if effective) hiding place for the wattles of his neck. Or it could be just because he's Karl Lagerfeld.
Thanks, Stitchy. In all honesty, I believe that, directly after seeing the photo of the BB MTM D/B suit, I think that I took it into BB for alterations, to slim down the waist of the jacket, and to take in the legs of the trousers. When the weather cools enough, I'll have to drag out the BB suit and see if it comes closer in fit to the Stuart's.
x-post WAYWRN . . .
Playing with my "new toys" - the latest purchases from the summer sales (suit, tie, and shoes). The suit is from Paul Stuart, and I was curious as to see how a Paul Stuart double-breasted suit would compare in silhouette to one from Brooks Bros. I've included a photo of my navy MTM BB D/B for comparison.BB MTM D/BPaul Stuart D/B [[SPOILER]]
Yes, but his supply of Barbie bikes is limited . . .
Keeping with the suede theme for the week . . . I note that, while passing through the shoe department of Paul Stuart's yesterday, they had what looked suspiciously like C & J Edgwares, in dark brown, on sale - about $375, if I recall correctly. I am sure that supplies are limited, but at that price, the shoes are a bargain, in case anyone is interested.
I'm tired and lazy this morning - rumpled linen and a buttondown shirt are all I can muster today. Please do forgive me. I did, however, pick up my new suit from Paul Stuart yesterday, and decided to live with the pleats in the trousers as they are. If it cools down by Friday, maybe I'll give it a go.